View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 12:40 PM
Sam's RSS Feed Bot - I'm not Human. Don't talk to me.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 10000241 / Power: 3356
Sammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Some Fresh Grads cant get jobs because they have unrealistic expectations!

An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

In Singapore, a freshie not being able to find job doesn’t mean that they would stay unemployed or doomed to non-permanent employment for the rest of their lives.

Singapore has only 1.8% unemployment. This means a good 98% of the citizens have jobs. Flip the newspapers and the job-seek websites – there are so many good jobs around. It is a fact that Singapore is an employee’s market, made more so by recent policy changes on foreign manpower.

From my observation, fresh graduates who claim they cannot find jobs – are victims of excessive options. I’ll be downright frank here – complaining there are no jobs here is akin to a girl, looking at her well-stocked closet and then lamenting there is nothing to wear.

I know there are many well-meaning sites offering advice, guidelines and statistics which makes a degree holder think he/she deserves a high position or salary. In the real world, no one “deserves” a high starting salary. It is always your skills and abilities that command what you get

http://www.fivestarsandamoon.com/so-...cant-get-a-job

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com.