Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 89 / Power: 17
jwbparty deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Airbnb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost99 View Post
Unless you are staying in a 1st class city like New York, London, Dubai etc... where hotels are super expensive, what is the advantage of AirBnb in a third world country like Thailand?

Hotels in Thailand are super cheap, convenient, secure, 24hr reception/service and girl-friendly. In my experience researching AirBnB, they are not cheaper than any 2/3 star hotel, and do not provide Breakfast, safety box, or concierge service. You also dun know if they properly cleaned the place, provide clean sheets, and how neighbors react. Plus you have the hassle of having to coordinate with owner to pickup the key and dropoff, and may be located in a small residential alley hard to find and far from BTS station.

On top of all this, as in Naemlo's post in Thailand it may be illegal to rent an apartment daily, thus neighbors may complain and Police come.

AirBnB is very overrated and has more disadvantages compared to staying in a well run hotel of similar cost. The only place i would consider AirBnB is in a very expensive 1st class city, or Vietnam where it is illegal to bring Lady back to your hotel room.
True that it doesn't make sense to go through airbnb for daily rentals, but for weekly or monthly, I think it offers an attractive alternative to hotels. I rented a airbnb condo for 2 weeks last year. Pretty good experience.
Also, Thailand ain't a 3rd world country, but a developing one. 3rd world countries are Rwanda, Congo, Somalia, Bangladesh, etc.