View Single Post
Old 26-08-2016, 07:09 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 12
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygirly View Post
Seems to hv this problem.
After visiting Batam almost every other weeks and passport full of Indo chops, its seems its taking longer to clear custom.
I got asked where I staying?
What am I doing in Batam?
And lately why I come Batam so often.
Anyone hv this problem?
It is their rights to throw out questions randomly to prompt you in case you did something illegal. I have been asked multiple times in my Batam trips too,nothing to be fear unless i have something illegal or doing something not right. My answers are usually simple,i am here for a holiday,stays in Formosa Hotel,thats all. But many times,i dont understand what they are trying to ask me and let me off.

I am just guessing here that more of such query from custom officers will come,becos i believe due to the recent terrorist issue,they are also stepping up on security. With my own eyes and for the 1st time,i see a Batam custom officer checking one of their local's luggage after they have been scanned in my last trip beginning of Aug. I am glad they didnt do the same for me. It will be a nightmare if they start ransacking my bag,even tho i have nothing to fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygirly View Post
I believe you all more frequent than me.
What's the solution before they pull me into the room or send me back?
Will get ban or not?
If you are a Singaporean and if they ever pull you into a room and start accusing you of something that you strongly believe you didnt do wrong base on their laws/rules,below is my solution :

Info below may come in handy...

But please do keep in mind that any custom officers from any part of the world has every rights to reject anyone entry into their country without any given reason. I just read about Singapore custom rejecting entry of a Indonesia retired ex.General into Singapore during his transit to another country via Changi Airport...

https://sammyboy.online/showpo...&postcount=507

...which cause a small uproar over social media. There was even a protest outside the Singapore Embassy in Jakarta becos of it too. If this happens to you in Batam and according to what i have read online,simply take the next ferry from Batam back to Singapore and then you buy a New ferry ticket from Harbour Front and come over to Batam again. Yes,your time will be wasted but there is nothing anyone could do about it if the custom authority in Batam choose to do that.

Keep one important thing in mind,NEVER ever voluntarily offer a bribe to them unless they 'persistently' initial it 1st and if you really need to do it,do it discreetly (note : so far,this has never happen to me in Batam). Reason is that 'offering bribe openly' is against their law and it can be in turn used against you for breaking their law. Worse case scenario,rip you off high and dry.

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info