View Single Post
Old 28-12-2016, 01:04 AM
Samster (eP)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 7161 / Power: 16
Black Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ePoet View Post
Day 5: Worst day.
(.........)
Of course, she never came back. So basically I spent 1.2m on a half-assed ST fj. Bad, expensive lesson learnt.
Yes, you cumulated an impressive series of mistakes, one after the other in a crescendo, but no need to remark it to someone who already admitted to be guilty.
It's very easy to report stories of success, more difficult to admit mistakes, even silly mistakes. So, thank you. The hope is that this will be useful to others.
However, big episodes of success come only after many mistakes. This helps to milden the disappointment on days of bad luck.

Quote:
1. I've got crushes on one of the singers in NoName (blonde-dyed. petite ) and also the bass-guitarist (also blonde-dyed and petite... guitar is almost bigger than her ) in Foreplay club. No idea how to approach them though.
This is astonishing!
What about "Hello! You play great?" So simple. They will reciprocate with the biggest smile you ever got in Foreplay.

No need to be nervous, however, because that may only lead to a drink together at best. The chances to get laid easily with them as not greater than with a Chinese girl dressed fancy and sitting in a night club of Clark Key (I assume that you, as well as me, do not look as a brother of Brad Pitt).

Musicians in NoName DO NOT come from a poor kampung and are NOT impressed by "Hello. I am from Singapore" (neither by "Hello. I am from France"). They come from Jakarta and are used to stay with upper-class Indonesian creative young guys, as well as with foreigners of all continents. On top of that, they have seen you trying to approach girls in NoName while they were singing. You cannot even claim to have fallen in love, suddenly at first sight...
(Nothing personal, I experienced the same on my skin)

Quote:
3. Ojek riders are now even more pushy. The only times I feel unsafe walking around Batam is when I have an ojek riding beside me and pestering me. Don't they take no for an answer?
Just one question: why UNSAFE?? He is pushy because in desperate need of those 10k, but that does not mean he would rob you to get those damn rupiahs. Smile back, and don't even think to reply to "Where you going?" with something different than "Jalan jalan". On my first times, I took it as very intrusive, but then I understood that for Indonesian it's like asking "how are you?"

Quote:
1. Is french kissing out of fashion in Batam?
Only in case of good "chemistry"

Quote:
3. I was at Planet, Planet 2, T1, NoName and Foreplay. And in every place, there were virtually no FLs. Where do the FLs hang out now? Or is it just because this year's holiday season seems to be rather quiet in Batam? Am just asking because in the distant past, some of my most memorable bonks were from FLs in the discos.
I was not with you, but I CANNOT believe that Newton could be without FLs.

Quote:
Any help and comments on my FR would be most appreciated
You're welcome