Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: -1 / Power: 0
Omega69 is under Moderation till he learns how to behave
Re: I need help dealing with BOREDOM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anikisan View Post
dude. u're only 22, and u have a long way ahead of your life. dun mind me saying ah, u only have PSLE or at best sec 1/2/3 level of education, and it doesn't make sense for u to complain that $8/hour pay is low for ur current educational level. yes, in SG everybody how tok gong ur certs are and then they form an impression of u (well i believe all societies are like that), so i would suggest that u suck it up (for now) for it is ur own personal choice to drop out of school and landed where u are now. but the positive thing is, u are still v young. by the very fact that u dropped out of sec school, u must have had a difficult childhood/teenage years. u're probably an impulsive person who react to things and may even have emotional issues that u can't process and just want to escape the difficult/unpleasant moments in life. some years passed, u drifted on. and one day, u woke up, staring at the ceiling while lying on ur bed and thought about how the world is progressing w/o u. u're bored. so, if u are already asking for advice, this means that u want to do something to change ur life situation - and u can. first, u must believe in urself first bro.

take up any honest job right now for the full blown economic effects of the pandemic have not been unveiled yet. complete at least ur N levels and if u can, ur O levels. then, think really hard about a skill/trade/craft u are interested in and then go for night classes. slowly improve urself. u will find ur self esteem back and eventually, in ur 30s or 40s u will see that u had made a wise choice by improving urself.

but if u really can't study for whatever reasons, then, try ur hand at being a salesman where u get reasonable commission for ur sales. the way i see it, a sales job is the only way u can break out of the salary-based-on-our-education level prison.

all the best!
Yr right i had a very difficult childhood got bullied in school and abused at home. Which resulted in me unable to concentrate on my studies.
My friend all have a good upbringing, and now they have a good social life, girlfriend meanwhile i continue to suffer with social anxiety low self esteem depression.

Life is indeed very cruel and unfair