View Single Post
Old 19-07-2022, 09:54 AM
Veteran Samster

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3491 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 108533 / Power: 54
Naka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Food glorious food! Thailand

Chakki, Bangkok

1/35 Ratchawithi Rd, Khwaeng Thanon Phaya Thai, Khet Ratchathewi, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10400, Thailand (Victory Monument BTS, walk to Ratchawithi Soi 7)
Tel: +66 2 245 0849
Opening Hours: 11:00am – 3:00pm (Mon – Sun) (May close earlier when sold out, closed every first Mon of the month)

Michelin-Recommended Beef Horfun And Thai-Style Wanton Noodles, Near Victory Monument

Chakki, is renowned for its thick gravy sauce – a salty and sweet concoction – on its lad na (deep-fried noodles). Slick beef or pork slices can be added, along with a helping of vegetables and, if you like, a side of crispy fried wontons. The same family has run Cantonese Chakki for 30 years, and they’re so confident in their perfected dishes that they don’t refer to recipes or offer a menu.

[Bangkok] This family-run eatery near Victory Monument is well known for two dishes which both happen to be my favourite – Thai style wanton mee and “Rad Na Nua” which is stir-fried wide rice noodles with slices of meat.

Making a trip there was a must for me, though was not the most convenient.

Unfortunately, I also left disappointed the first time round as they stopped selling by 2pm, even though the closing hours indicated 3pm. ”No more, no more”.

Jakkee Restaurant ภัตตาคารจ๊ากกี่, also written as “Chakki” is located at Ratchawithi Soi 7, a 15 minutes’ walk from Victory Monument BTS station.

The shop used to be from Chinatown, and has been at this location for more than 30 years.

Therefore, it is not surprising to find the slightly older generation dining here, reading their newspapers or elderly couples reminiscing their good-old days.

For tourists, do not worry as there is an English menu, and one English-speaking member of the family (though she is always running around).

I know the food is considered pricier than the average and service is brisk, but the quality of the ingredients used, and oh that sauce, and the history of Chakki makes it quite a worthy to visit place for “Rad-Nha” lovers.

ONE MAN'S MEAT IS ANOTHER'S POISON

"A FR is to give reader an idea of what to expect, the pics and style of writing are to spice things up, to give more space for imagination, most important thing is we share and we enjoy."

Bros with rep power are welcome to exchange 162 points daily