View Single Post
Old 18-10-2022, 10:47 AM
Veteran Samster

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3489 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 108521 / Power: 54
Naka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Food glorious food! Thailand

Chua Kim Heng (ร้านฉั่วคิมเฮง)

Address: 81 Thanon Phatthanakan, Kwang Suan Luang, Kate Suan Luang, Bangkok 10250
Open hours: 8:30 am – 6 pm daily – these are the hours for serving goose
Phone number: 02-319-2511, 02-729-8822

How to get there: Chua Kim Heng (ร้านฉั่วคิมเฮง) is located in the Phatthanakan district of Bangkok, on the north side of Ekkamai or south end of Ramkhamhang. The easiest way to get there is by taking a direct taxi or uber, but it’s also within walking distance from the Ramkhamhaeng Airport Rail station.

Chua Kim Heng (ร้านฉั่วคิมเฮง) is a restaurant in Bangkok that’s legendary for their braised goose.

They’ve been serving the same goose braised in a secret mixture of soy and spices for 4 generations now, and the authentic taste and cooking method has been passed down through the family.

In this blog post I’ll share with you all the details about eating at this famous braised goose place in Bangkok.

It’s also important to note that the braised goose is only served at lunchtime, I think until they run out.

The restaurant is open for dinner as well, but they change to serving khao tom pla (fish rice soup) and other Thai Chinese dishes (checkout the post on BKK Fatty). So if you want to taste their braised goose you have to go for lunch.

The decor is original, with an impressive collection of model figures and pictures of His Majesty the King.

Additionally, there’s the main open air dining room, plus an extra AC room across the driveway… which brings us to the driveway.

It’s absolutely classic. It reminds me of a drive through mechanic or car wash.

You can drive straight through the center of the restaurant to get to the parking lot on the other side. Many car loads of people drop off people right into the restaurant before parking. I love it.

The menu is relatively simple and written in both Thai and English with decent pictures that highlight most of their signature dishes.

Just keep in mind on the menu that when they say “goose leg,” you’ll actually get what is actually the goose foot.

Goose in Bangkok is overall known to be quite expensive, and Chua Kim Heng (ร้านฉั่วคิมเฮง) is additionally extremely famous. So their prices I would say are quite high, it’s not a cheap restaurant.

Chua Kim Heng (ร้านฉั่วคิมเฮง) is a legendary restaurant in Bangkok that has been serving braised goose for 4 generations.

There’s no doubt they serve one of the best versions of braised goose in Bangkok, which is on the salty side and served with an pungently vinegary and garlicky sauce to dip it in.

Eat at Chua Kim Heng (ร้านฉั่วคิมเฮง) for the goose and the well preserved Thai Chinese cultural heritage.

ONE MAN'S MEAT IS ANOTHER'S POISON

"A FR is to give reader an idea of what to expect, the pics and style of writing are to spice things up, to give more space for imagination, most important thing is we share and we enjoy."

Bros with rep power are welcome to exchange 162 points daily