View Single Post
Old 03-04-2024, 11:02 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1599 / Power: 23
nedy77 has a brilliant futurenedy77 has a brilliant futurenedy77 has a brilliant futurenedy77 has a brilliant futurenedy77 has a brilliant futurenedy77 has a brilliant futurenedy77 has a brilliant futurenedy77 has a brilliant futurenedy77 has a brilliant futurenedy77 has a brilliant futurenedy77 has a brilliant future
Re: How to make GL better and better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMilk View Post
Even during those so-called "golden days", I have heard bros in this forum and elsewhere whispering about how the gahmen will "one day get rid of GL and how we should enjoy it while it lasts"

and I think it's true that they don't get rid of GL in one fell swoop but in a slow and gradual process

I realized this when I saw the bro who posted about the gahmen refusing to give Malaysian gals long term permit and they only give them 2 years only to ban them from Singapore once their 2 years is up, and so the new Malaysian bloods don't want to take that route

This is their way to squeeze out life from GL slowly and eventually let it die off eventually. We are sadly witnessing the last whimpers of this once happening place filled with unforgettable memories
I don't think the gahmen wants to get rid of the legal Geylang scene.

1. it provides an avenue for local and foreign men to release, so that there will be less molest and rape crime.

2. It is easier to administer the legal red-light district than to play the hide and seek game with underground vice activities

3. There is tax to be collected from the WLs and houses, but not a single cent from the illegal FLs and pimps