Thread: In love with ML
View Single Post
Old 30-04-2024, 10:53 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 952 / Power: 8
okcieMon is a splendid one to beholdokcieMon is a splendid one to beholdokcieMon is a splendid one to beholdokcieMon is a splendid one to beholdokcieMon is a splendid one to beholdokcieMon is a splendid one to beholdokcieMon is a splendid one to beholdokcieMon is a splendid one to behold
Re: In love with ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin23 View Post
I am lucky, that I am doing quite well in life and I can well afford it

I don't post the amount to show how much I spent, but I want to show that at least for myself, I answered the one question that many Samsters always wonder.....given "enough" money can a guy make ANY relationship work?

I found that the answer was "No". In the end, the girl has to meet you (somewhat) halfway. And sometimes it is a bridge too far, of (for those really cynical ones) a hundred K too little.

Plus, I tried making it work a couple of other times, with different girls. With one particularly dramatic Viet girl, who was an ang pai in a KTV here, I practically bought back the house which her mother lost to illegal moneylenders, she was grateful for maybe a month....but in the end she dumped me all the same.

I am in a happy, well adjusted relationship now. Yes, with an ex-KTV girl and we met when she was a KTV girl, but she doesn't ask for much money beyond a very reasonable amount for rent and maybe daily necessities while she works an honest living (outside of nightlife) developing a career like a normal person.

So that was my most valuable life lesson - with the right girl, you don't need much money at all to sustain or even to start a relationship.

The answer is the same each time
I agree with this solid advice of yours. It always will boil down to the attitude of the girl and both parties willing to work together. There is no point in a one sided attraction and always giving in to the other party. It's just a shame that you had to spend a few hundred K to find that out.