Thread: Jose Mourinho
View Single Post
Old 22-11-2010, 05:58 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1222 / Power: 20
joew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud of
Re: Jose Mourinho

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...ngland&cc=4716

'Proud' Mourinho inducted into LMA Hall of Fame

Jose Mourinho was inducted in2 the League Managers Association's Hall of Fame on Sunday, claiming his time in England was "the best time of my career so far".

The former Chelsea manager, now in charge of Real Madrid, was speaking as a guest of honour @ the LMA's annual Hall of Fame dinner @ London's Park Lane hotel.

On joining Sir Alex Ferguson, Sir Matt Busby, Bob Paisley & Arsene Wenger in the Hall of Fame, Mourinho said: "I m veri proud of tis becos I m not British & I spent jz over 3 yrs in the Barclays Premier League - which is not a significant time 2 create a big history.

"But the time I spent here was the best time of my career so far - & tat's despite winning the Champions League in Portugal & Italy. 2nite is special 4 me as I get 2 see ppl I like veri much & respect. I still hv a home here & me & my family r still in love & will always be in love with tis country. So 2 be back is almost 2 be at home.

"The atmosphere, the intensity & the emotion in England is something you cannot compare with other countries & 4 somebody who is really in love with the game, as I am, tis is the place where you enjoy it the most.''

The LMA encourages younger coaches who 1 2 be managers 2 serve an apprenticeship & hv a mentor - & Mourinho spoke of his time learning fr Sir Bobby Robson @ Barca.

He explained: "I was a lucky man becos I hv had some crucial moments in my career & 1 of the crucial moments was when I had the chance 2 work with him - not jz becos he was as a great manager but he was a great person. I think everybody who had the chance 2 meet him & had a few moments, or in my case a few years, felt privileged.

"I learned so much fr my experiences with him. I always remember with a little smile tat aft I was upset aft a defeat he said 'don't be sad becos in the other dressing room some1 is bouncing around with happiness' - so I always remember good moments with him & every moment was a good 1.''

United boss Ferguson, now 69, said tis week he has no intention of retiring & 47-year-old Mourinho is also hoping 4 a long career in management.

He explained: "I hope he continues 4 yrs & I get 2 face him a few more times. When I m in my 50s or 60s, I also see myself still in football with the same ambitions & desires. So I understand why he 1s 2 continue. It was the same with Bobby Robson. I see myself continuing 4 many years.''

On his own career Mourinho said: "In the beginning I had the pressure becos I went in2 management aft not being a top player, so I had a lot of things 2 prove. Aft Porto the pressure was the question 'k he achieve abroad?' Everything then went well in England. Italy is the home of tactics, so the question then was 'is he a good leader & a good tactician, k he compete in tis world of football?' Yes I could.

"Now I go 2 Spain & everybody says 'Real Madrid is an incredible club, a club different 2 any other club - k he cope with it?' So I m trying 2 prove tat I k & step by step, stage by stage with tis new challenge it motivates me more & more.''

Mourinho is looking 4ward 2 next Monday's El Classico with Spanish title rivals Barcelona @ the Nou Camp.

He added: "It is a different game 4 me becos when I played Barcelona in the Champions League with Chelsea & Inter, it was stay in the competition or go out. Tis is a league game, so yes it is against a rival & yes it is 1st against 2nd but tis game is 1 of 38 matches in the Spanish Championship.''

The event also focused on the FA Cup & LMA chief executive Richard Bevan added: "2nite has been a unique evening, bringing 2gether football managers past & present, celebrating their achievements in 1 of the game's most famous cup competitions...& Jose Mourinho added 2 a truly memorable evening.''