View Single Post
Old 13-08-2005, 01:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about Offences relating to prostitution under the SG LAW

Causing or encouraging prostitution of, intercourse with, or indecent assault on, girl below the age of 16

145. (1) Any person who causes or encourages the prostitution of, or the commission of unlawful sexual intercourse with, or of an indecent assault on, a girl below the age of 16 years for whom he is responsible shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $2,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 years or to both.

(2) Where a girl has become a prostitute, or has had unlawful sexual intercourse, or has been indecently assaulted, a person shall be deemed for the purposes of this section to have caused or encouraged it, if he knowingly allowed her to consort with or to enter or continue in the employment of, any prostitute or person of known immoral character.

(3) The persons who are to be treated for the purposes of this section as responsible for a girl are (subject to subsection (4)) —

"legal guardian" , in relation to any girl, means any person who is for the time being her guardian, having been appointed according to law by deed or will or by order of a court of competent jurisdiction;

"parent" , in relation to any girl, does not include a person deprived of the custody of her by order of a court of competent jurisdiction but (subject to that), in the case of a girl who has been adopted under the Adoption of Children Act (Cap. 4), or any enactment thereby repealed, means her adopters and, in the case of a girl who is illegitimate (and has not been so adopted), means her mother and any person who has been adjudged to be her putative father.

(4) If, on a charge of an offence against a girl under this section, the girl appears to the court to have been below the age of 16 years at the time of the offence charged, she shall be presumed for the purposes of this section to have been so, unless the contrary is proved.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here