View Single Post
Old 13-08-2005, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about Offences relating to prostitution under the SG LAW

Suppression of brothels

148. (1) Any person who keeps, manages or assists in the management of a brothel shall be guilty of an offence under this section.

(2) Any person who is the tenant, lessee, occupier or person in charge of any place which is used as a brothel shall, unless he proves that he has no knowledge that the place is used as a brothel, be guilty of an offence under this section.

(3) Any person who being the tenant, lessee, occupier or person in charge of any place lets such place or any part thereof shall notwithstanding such letting be guilty of an offence under subsection (2) if the place or any part thereof is used as a brothel, unless he proves that he has no knowledge that the place or any part thereof is used as a brothel.

(4) Any person who being the owner of any place or the agent of that owner lets the same or any part thereof with the knowledge that the place or some part thereof is to be used as a brothel or is wilfully a party to the continued use of the place or any part thereof as a brothel shall, notwithstanding such letting, be guilty of an offence under this section.

(5) Any person who is guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $3,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 years or to both and, in the case of a second or subsequent conviction, to a fine not exceeding $10,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years or to both.

(6) In any proceedings under this Part, any evidence given by any police officer not below the rank of sergeant that any place has been used as a brothel or a place of assignation shall, until the contrary is proved, be deemed to be sufficient evidence of the fact.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here