View Single Post
Old 13-08-2005, 01:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about Offences relating to prostitution under the SG LAW

Notice to owner and occupier

149. (1) Where the Director has reason to believe that a place is being used as a brothel or as a place of assignation, he may serve or cause to be served a notice in the prescribed form on the owner of the place, as well as the occupier thereof.

(2) If the owner or occupier is not otherwise known, service shall be made on the person inscribed in the books kept under any written law for the time being in force as the owner or occupier of the place; and if the name of the owner or occupier is not inscribed in those books or if the name of the owner or occupier cannot by the exercise of due diligence be found, then the notice may be served by affixing it to the principal outer door or upon the outside of any door or window or any conspicuous part of the place.

(3) Every occupier receiving a notice under this section shall forthwith inform the owner or the person from whom he rents the place of the fact of receipt of the notice who shall in like manner inform the owner or the person from whom he rents the place and so on till the notice is brought to the knowledge of the owner, each tenant being responsible for bringing the notice to the knowledge of his immediate lessor.

(4) Any occupier who refuses or omits to inform the owner or the person from whom he rents the premises that a notice under this section has been received shall be liable to prosecution under section 225c of the Penal Code (Cap. 224).

(5) If, in proceedings under this Part, it is proved that the notice under subsection (1) has been served on the owner or occupier of a place, it shall be presumed that the place is so kept, managed or used to the knowledge or with the permission of the owner or occupier of the place.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here