View Single Post
Old 13-08-2005, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about Offences relating to prostitution under the SG LAW

Director may order detention of woman or girl in certain cases

160. (1) Any woman or girl —

(a) whose lawful guardian requests the Director in writing to detain her in a place of safety;

(b) whom the Director considers is in need of protection and whose lawful guardian cannot be found;

(c) whom the Director believes to have been ill-treated and is in need of protection; or

(d) whom the Director considers to be in moral danger,

may, by warrant under the hand of the Director, be ordered to be removed to a place of safety and there detained until he has held an inquiry as to the circumstances of her case.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(2) Every such inquiry shall be completed within a period of one month from the date of the woman’s or girl’s admission into the place of safety.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(3) If, after holding such inquiry, the Director is satisfied that the woman or girl is in need of protection, the Director may by warrant under his hand order that the woman or girl be detained in a place of safety for such period as he may determine.

(4) Where a girl has been detained in a place of safety at the request of her lawful guardian, she may be so detained for such period as the Director has determined is necessary for her rehabilitation notwithstanding any request made by her lawful guardian for her early release.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here