View Single Post
Old 28-09-2010, 09:18 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1458 / Power: 21
Pearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud of
Re: Any one try at Yangoon -Myammar before

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlad View Post
Hi Bro Pearl,

How to book double if I are travelling alone ? Surely the hotel staff will ask for a name for the double or otherwise? May I know is it safe to travel alone in Myanmar ? thanks
Dont worry, you can book double occupancy with 1 name. If they do ask, tell them u are not sure who is your mate for the nite..

Yangon is very safe. This country is still using a cash transaction system ie no checks, no credit card.

Share with you a story. My company recently purchased a new Pajero 4D for my MD. The price in Myanmar is around USD320,000 ( due to taxes). Imagine the most common denomination is 1000kyats ( around USD1). We actually used 1 car to carry 21 PP plastic sacks of money to buy this Pajero.

When we arrive at the dealership, we were ushered in a room. There were 6 staff waiting to count the money. They took 2 hours.

All these while, from our office to the dealership, no bodyguard is required.

If u rob a rich looking people in Myanmar, u can expect to get much cash . Everyone carries cash there.

If I forgot to return your points, please pm me your latest post link hor. Thanks