View Single Post
Old 09-02-2023, 03:55 PM
Veteran Samster

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3472 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 108444 / Power: 54
Naka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Food glorious food! Thailand

Pang Cha Cafe

Central World 3th floor Rama I Road, Pathum Wan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Opening Hours: 10am – 10pm (Mon – Sun)

Other outlets at The EmQuartier (L6), Siam Paragon (L4), ICONSIAM (G floor), Central Ladprao (L4), Central Rama 2 (L1), Terminal 21 (L1)

BANGKOK – Popular Must-Have Thai Tea Shaved Ice Dessert And Thai Milk Tea

“Pang Cha started in 2009. We had already opened the restaurant, but we didn’t have a signature dessert. So we thought about what would make a great dish. Around that time, we heard that Thai tea was one of the most popular beverages in the world. So, we thought, why not make a dessert using Thai tea?” explains Sangnarong Montriwat and Kanchana Tathiyakul, owners of Lukkaithong. Now, the dessert is so popular, people come to have it after eating a main meal at another restaurant.

“The dessert comes from childhood memories of enjoying the sweet, shaved ice as a treat to beat the heat. It’s so easy to eat. You can have it any time. Everyone in the family can simply enjoy it and it is perfect for sharing. And by pairing Thai tea with shaved ice, we turned a drink into a dessert. Who wouldn’t like it? (laughs) Also, our portions are huge because Thais love to share,” adds Tattiyakul. She continues explaining their ultimate goal to make Thai tea as known around the world as green tea.

[Bangkok] Other than Cha Tra Mue, other café I like to get Thai Milk Tea from is from Pang Cha.

Pang Cha café is an off-shoot from popular Thai family restaurant Luk Kai Thong.

People go there for dishes such as their Hong Kong Fried Rice Noodle with Pork and Prawn, Crispy Noodle with Australian Beef, and Stew Pork Belly and Vegetables with Baked Rice.

A wide range of Thai-style drinks are available, such as Royal Thai Milk Tea with 3 types of bubbles (165 THB), Black Thai Tea (115 THB), Longan Black Thai Tea (165 THB), to Lychee Black Thai Tea (165 THB).

When the dessert arrived, I knew immediately that I needed to the gym somehow, some day. Two of us shared the guilt, but we wished four other friends would be here to take the calories away.

All this while watching other slim Thai ladies slowly devouring the whole thing down…

The special element was said to be the Thai tea, created by five different types of tea for their flavour, colour and aroma.

The tea is brewed fresh every so that the flavours would be richer and more aromatic, and they do not use any powders.

ONE MAN'S MEAT IS ANOTHER'S POISON

"A FR is to give reader an idea of what to expect, the pics and style of writing are to spice things up, to give more space for imagination, most important thing is we share and we enjoy."

Bros with rep power are welcome to exchange 162 points daily