Thread: Vietnam - HCM
View Single Post
Old 26-12-2004, 12:24 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 516 / Power: 20
SingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Vietnam - HCM

Bro, good that you will be coming to HCMC for work. From my experience, there will be a few things that you may need to keep a look out for:

1. Make sure that your company has arranged for your working VISA. Its not difficult to get a working VISA as long as your company sponsors you.

2. Make sure that you are covered by adequate medical insurance. The international hospitals and clinics here are damm expensive. Catching a cold can cost you over USD$100 each time and the doctors in these international clinics sucks BIG TIME. Its a typical ANG MOH con job.

3. As for gf, there will not be a problem. After you arrive in HCMC, i am sure that you will spend some time roaming the discos and bars. In these areas, i am sure that you can find a live in gf very soon.

4. I personally do not join the Singapore Business Group here as its very much similar like Singapore... lots of fund raising acitivities. But if you prefer to feel like home with Singaporeans, then you may wish to join.

5. In your apartment, ask for satilite TV. You can get Channel News Asia, CNN, BBC , Star Sports etc. You need not miss out on these channels even if you are away from home. Also ask for ADSL internet connection in your home, you will need it daily to access this website.

I am sure that you will like it here with all the night life and gals around. Singapore is not so far away... just less than 2 hours flight. Cheapest airline ticket to singapore will be Lion Air, then Garuda Indonesia, Vietnam Airlines and Singapore Airlines.

Hope that these little information helps.

Happy Bonking in HCMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugi
Yo all bros,

Firstly, Merry Xmas !!!

I've just been asked to relocate to HCM for an overseas work assignment. A permanent one at that! Will be leaving for HCM in 2 weeks time.

Any bros here are also in the same shoes as me? Would like to seek some advice on the following:

1) What to bring over there? Duh, it's my first overseas posting (permanent), so a bit sotong here...
2) Any visa needed?
3) Most important, since will be there for more than 11 months a year, need a gf over there ..(me not into ONS),... how likely is that to happen? From this thread, heard that it is difficult to bring the gals back... what if it is an accomodation leased by my company ???

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers!