View Single Post
Old 02-11-2022, 04:05 PM
Veteran Samster

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3486 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 108478 / Power: 54
Naka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Food glorious food! Thailand

TUANG DIM SUM (ตวงติ่มซำ) BANGKOK

Address: 9 Charoen Krung Rd, Wat Phraya Krai, Bang Kho Laem, Bangkok 10120, Thailand
Opearting Hour: Daily 7am to 4pm close on monday
Phone: +66 89 603 0908

Tuang Dim Sum is a small (read ‘tiny’ with less than 40 seatings) shophouse with steaming and deep-frying stations in the front. You won’t miss it because there will always be a long queue outside. People come here as early as they could, or they send orders and messengers in to pick the tidbits up. Logistics need to be carefully arranged for people who can’t stand the hassles, yet still want to eat heartily and deliciously at/from this place.

First things first. The place opens at 7 am, (closed every Monday and Tuesday) and the earlier you can manage, the better. There’s no parking whatsoever, so my advice is either to take a bus or taxi from BTS Sathorn. Or better yet, if you are already on the Chaopraya Express Boat, get off at ‘Wat Ratchasingkorn pier, which is the end-of-the-line pier if you are heading towards Sathorn already. And from the temple, just take a stroll north for about 10 minutes or so.

When you reach there, if there’s a queue (expect it), grab a queue and wait. There are two queues: one for seating in and another for taking out. Be mindful of which one you are.

The master chef who runs this place has a full wall adorned with his framed accolades. From what I gathered, he used to work in five-star hotels, no doubt making and mastering their dim sum stations. But from the looks of his tired face both times we were there, I am not quite sure if he is now content being his own boss. (I am sure he is). People are flocking his shop since he opens the door, it is good news for money, but he looks pretty wiped out both times.

ONE MAN'S MEAT IS ANOTHER'S POISON

"A FR is to give reader an idea of what to expect, the pics and style of writing are to spice things up, to give more space for imagination, most important thing is we share and we enjoy."

Bros with rep power are welcome to exchange 162 points daily