View Single Post
Old 29-08-2007, 08:01 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 678 / Power: 21
chickenzip is a splendid one to beholdchickenzip is a splendid one to beholdchickenzip is a splendid one to beholdchickenzip is a splendid one to beholdchickenzip is a splendid one to beholdchickenzip is a splendid one to behold
Re: Manchester United's Headliners, Articles and Rumours

Manchester United hero Solskjaer retires

After 11 years and 366 appearances for the club he joined for a bargain £1.5million from Norwegian side Molde, Solskjaer has had to finally call it a day due to an ongoing knee injury.

'Ending your playing career is a sad day for anyone, in the case of Ole, he has 11 fantastic years he can look back on,' remarked Ferguson.

'Ole has achieved everything a player could ever wish to achieve.

'He has been a great servant to the club and has always remained a model professional in his responsibility as a player, and in his demeanour, and his manners have always been exemplary.

IN CONTRAST

Heinze demanded wages be doubled - Fergie

Gabriel Heinze delivered a 'double my money or flog me' ultimatum to Sir Alex Ferguson just 24 hours before suffering his career-threatening knee injury in 2005.

Heinze had only been at Manchester United for just over a year when he made his demands, which have been revealed by Ferguson in the aftermath of the Argentina defender's acrimonious Old Trafford departure.

'We signed Gaby in July 2004 and he immediately went off to play for the Argentina Olympic team, and then onto some World Cup qualifiers,' Ferguson told MUTV.

'We didn't get him until September, so in that first year he probably played about five months.

'At the start of the following season, a day before he suffered his cruciate injury against Villarreal, his agent came to see me and said he either wanted a transfer or for me to double his wages. That immediately sent out the wrong signal.

'Throughout his rehabilitation, his agent was asking me to sell him.

'You wonder whether the lad actually wants to play for you and in the end, you just give in.'

What's the difference between love, true love and showing off? Spitting, swallowing and gargling.

My story thread
Mediacock Drama , A Sinful Lust...