View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1621 / Power: 13
Hardaway1818 has a brilliant futureHardaway1818 has a brilliant futureHardaway1818 has a brilliant futureHardaway1818 has a brilliant futureHardaway1818 has a brilliant futureHardaway1818 has a brilliant futureHardaway1818 has a brilliant futureHardaway1818 has a brilliant futureHardaway1818 has a brilliant futureHardaway1818 has a brilliant futureHardaway1818 has a brilliant future
Re: Story: The Invitation

3.18 pm.

Raymond saw the green envelope. Opened it. Read the content. Looked around furtively. Grabbed his briefcase and put the envelop into it. Went back to his computer. Could tell that his mind was wandering off.

Great. Looked like part 1 was successful. Now to the more difficult part 2.

I went down to level 18. HR department.

"Hi Mrs Tan, I need a personal favour from you."

"Hi Wilson, what can I do for you? Just say it."

I knew one of the things I needed to play the corporate game well was connections. Basically I was well-liked throughout the whole company, from the bosses, to my staff and even to the pantry auntie. You never knew when you needed their help. The HR executive, Mrs Tan, was one of those I had worked my charm on.

"Nothing much lah. You know yesterday, me and George were at it again. I just thought of dropping by his house this weekend to pass him a house-warming gift. You know lah, he just moved house. Missed his house-warming. So I thought of using this chance to try to mend some relationship with him. Not good to be always at loggerheads with each other."

"Oh ya, I heard about yesterday. Gossip travels fast. So you need his address?"

"Yes, yes. So smart of you. But don't tell him I got the address from you. Not nice to let him think that I am purposely planning for this after yesterday's incident."

"Aiya I know what to do lah. Here you go."

"Oh by the way, here's my leave form. Need to take a couple of hours off earlier today. Have an important family dinner. Boss signed already."

I took the address from Mrs Tan and left the office.

Drove my BMW straight to the address on the piece of paper.

4.05 pm

Reached the condo. Instead of driving into the condo, I parked my BMW along the roadside outside the condo, away from the view of the guards at the guard house.

I slipped on the black windbreaker that motorcyclists would usually wear. On one hand was a parcel. On the other hand was a motorcyclist helmet.

"Hi man, I have a parcel delivery to Jenny at unit #18-203."

"Ok wait" The guard dialled on his telecom and spoke to a woman. Sounds like a Filipino maid.

"Ok you can leave the parcel here. The maid is coming down to collect."

I had expected it. George and Jenny were both at work.

About 5 minutes later, I handed the parcel over to the maid.

"The sender specifically instructed that the parcel must be given only to your mam, not to your sir."

"Ok no problem. Sir is coming back home very late tonight anyway. Will pass this to mam soon as she is coming back for dinner."

Yes, I knew George would be late home tonight. He should be hanging around Goodwood Park Hotel, waiting for me to turn up.

"What's inside the parcel? So light."

"I have no idea too. I am only the courier."

I left the place, revealing my grin when my back was turned towards them.

Of course the parcel was light. Inside the box contained only a green envelope.