The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Soccer, Horses, and MBS/RWS talk

Notices

Soccer, Horses, and MBS/RWS talk With the IRs up and running, what better place to exchange tips and techniques on how to tip the odds in your favour! [Please note that with the passing of the Remote Gambling Act, Internet gambling links and Adverts are no longer allowed in this section.]

Fastgoal Image
Fastgoal : Reliable Score Service

User Tag List

Old 27-09-2007, 04:33 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 44 / Power: 0
Java_script deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Red face Re: Manchester United's Headliners, Articles and Rumours

Carling Cup: Man United humbled by Coventry

Coventry stunned an inexperienced Manchester United side to send the Premier League champions crashing out of the Carling Cup at Old Trafford on Wednesday night.

Empics
Mifsud bagged two goals against United

Roared on by more than 11,000 travelling fans, Iain Dowie's side were impressive throughout against hosts including Anderson, Nani, John O'Shea and Tomasz Kuszczak.

When Jonny Evans failed to clear the danger, Michael Doyle sent the ball into the area for Michael Mifsud to give Coventry a first-half lead in the 27th minute.

The Sky Blues deserved their advantage - and while United sought a leveller in the second half, Mifsud doubled the lead with 20 minutes left to play.

Avram Grant fielded a strong Chelsea side for their 4-0 win at Hull.

A very cool finish by Scott Sinclair gave the Blues an early lead. Salomon Kalou claimed a second for Chelsea as he and defender Damien Delaney jointly headed the ball past Bo Myhill.

Steve Sidwell made it three on 52 minutes to put the game firmly beyond the Tigers - and Kalou wrapped it up with an easy fourth, after substitute Joe Cole worked his way in from the left.

Everton recovered from a stuttering start to beat Sheffield Wednesday 3-0 at Hillsborough.

David Moyes' side hit Wednesday on the break to take a 58th-minute lead.

Steven Pienaar threaded a fine pass into Ayegbeni Yakubu's path down the right - and his curling low cross to the far post was met by James McFadden, who comfortably side-footed home his second goal of the season for Everton.

McFadden made it 2-0 with six minutes left, and strike partner Yakubu rounded the night off with a third a minute later.

Birmingham were knocked out by Blackburn at Ewood Park, but manager Steve Bruce will have been more concerned by a worrying injury to goalkeeper Richard Kingson.

City lost 3-0 to goals by David Bentley, a Matt Derbyshire penalty and Roque Santa Cruz - but the game was marred by Kingson's injury.

Late in the first half, he hit his head against a post after an aerial challenge with Chris Samba and - after receiving treatment - collapsed and had to be taken off.

Jermain Defoe made a rare start for Tottenham but was withdrawn before his side went on to beat Middlesbrough 2-0.

Defoe's lively performance was not enough to earn him a goal. Substitute Robbie Keane was introduced in his place and he helped set up youngster Gareth Bale, who put the ball beyond Brad Jones before Tom Huddlestone made sure of the win moments later.

Local lad Matt Fryatt enjoyed a winning return to the west midlands as he scored to give Leicester a 1-0 win at Premier League Aston Villa.

Iain Hume had wasted Leicester's best chance when he headed wide from close range when well placed in a half of few clear-cut chances.

But Fryatt livened up proceedings by putting the east midlanders ahead after 76 minutes.

An injury-time winner from Dean Ashton sent West Ham through against Coca-Cola Championship Plymouth.

The game was heading for extra-time until Ashton popped up at the death to fire West Ham in front and secure a fourth-round spot.

Fulham and Bolton headed for extra-time when David Healy cancelled out Danny Guthrie's debut goal for the Trotters.

Sammy Lee sent veteran Stelios Giannakopoulos on as an extra-time substitute and the Greek fired home a well-earned winner to book Bolton their place in the fourth round.
Old 29-09-2007, 07:48 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3172 / Power: 22
asiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Manchester United's Headliners, Articles and Rumours

Ferguson: Youngsters to leave on loan

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has suggested he will send some of his youngsters out on loan.

The Red Revils manager made the claim in the wake of the disappointing 2-0 Carling Cup defeat to Coventry City on Wednesday. Several of United's fringe players featured, but few impressed at Old Trafford.

Ferguson says the likes of Gerard Pique and Danny Simpson could stay on, meaning players such as Jonny Evans, Chris Eagles, Lee Martin and Dong Fangzhuo may depart.

best player

"They've not had enough football as a team," he said. "We looked at the League Cup as an avenue for these players to play in. Now that's gone I think we'll have to review the situation with one or two of them going on loan, because they do need football.

"With (Gary) Neville and (Owen) Hargreaves coming back we've got a good strong squad. There'll have to be some that we have to keep.

"Pique was excellent on Wednesday. He was our best player along with Anderson. We'll probably keep Simpson as he can play both full-back positions. But I'm maybe looking at the rest going on loan as they need to play football."

wah.... Ah Lau 'to lan liao'... hehe

Cheerz
AC

May u be blessed with a willing body, monster hard-on, powerful penetrating thrusts, enjoy everlasting orgasm and with each squirt experience a thousand volts of euphoric exaltation throughout your anatomy....
Old 29-09-2007, 07:53 AM
Samster

asiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond repute

Birmingham in defiant mood as United big guns assemble
From The Times, Peter Lansley
September 29, 2007

If the chasm between Birmingham City and Manchester United at St Andrew’s today is reflected in the £50 million strikeforce that Sir Alex Ferguson can recall in response to his team’s Carling Cup defeat in midweek, then that is still less stark a contrast than when Steve Bruce, the Birmingham manager, left Old Trafford to join the West Midlands club in 1996.

The former United captain left the comfort zone of an opulent dressing-room in which he was a revered senior citizen among Ferguson’s double-winning squad, to become the captain of Trevor Francis’s promotion-seeking team.

The clubs may now share membership of the Barclays Premier League but United, whose second string were humbled 2-0 by Coventry City on Wednesday, can today summon a forward line of Carlos Tévez, Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo. In contrast, Birmingham, while pondering how to cope without Mikael Forssell, who must undergo hernia surgery, are attempting to re-establish themselves in the top flight. The gap is huge, more than the 12 places and six points separating the sides in the table, but still not as rudimentary as it was a decade ago.

“At Manchester, we used to go in and have cups of milky coffee and there were dressing-gowns, nice flip-flops and heated floors,” Bruce, whose own team lost 3-0 in the Carling Cup, to Blackburn Rovers, on Wednesday, said. “I came to Birmingham and in my first training session we got changed in a tent. Before training we had to go and get rid of the geese. There was goose [excrement] everywhere. And they [excrete] like dogs by the way, and you can’t chase them either because they won’t leave. They are vicious things.

“As for the training kit I can remember Ricky Otto trained in a T-shirt that said, ‘I’ve been to Benidorm’ on the front and ‘I’ve sh*gged most of it’ on the back. I’d like to think that things have improved since.”

Indeed they have, as Birmingham, with rather more advanced training facilities, have spent five of the past six seasons among the elite, in no small part thanks to the managerial tenacity Bruce honed during his years under Ferguson’s tutelage at Old Trafford.

The apprentice sees no sign of his old master slowing up. “I saw the strut up the line last week when they were playing Chelsea [on Sunday] and he looked to be relishing every minute,” Bruce said.

“I think what we all marvel at is that he’s still got the energy and desire to succeed after having done what he’s done. He’s got to retire some time but only he will know when it’s right. He never really accepts defeat. You see him the other night and he was gracious in defeat - on the outside.

“When I’m asked what makes him that bit special, the overriding thing is that his desire to win is unbelievable, whether it’s playing cards, tiddlywinks, music questions or film questions. He wants to make sure he’s the best. He’s an incredible boss.”

Having said that, the Birmingham manager believes Ferguson can be conquered. When asked who would win a scrap between the Birmingham geese and his old manager, Bruce replied: “Definitely the geese; they don’t surrender. They get in a big pack and they’ll come back for more. We tried to kick balls at them. They’re like dogs.”

Possibly inadvertently, Bruce appears to have therein set his team a challenge not just against United but for the rest of the season. While Birmingham have progressed in quality from the warriors who first came up five years ago, their manager still expects them to hound superior opponents. The goalless draw at Anfield last Saturday is evidence of a willingness to ally craft with graft.

“The challenge for the young team that we have got is can we compete at this level?” Bruce said. “We did it against Chelsea [in a narrow 3-2 defeat]. We did it against Liverpool last week. Now this is another test against arguably one of the best teams in the world with their attacking instinct. Go and enjoy it.”

May u be blessed with a willing body, monster hard-on, powerful penetrating thrusts, enjoy everlasting orgasm and with each squirt experience a thousand volts of euphoric exaltation throughout your anatomy....
Old 29-09-2007, 11:28 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 172 / Power: 21
qbdp is a Helpful and Caring Samsterqbdp is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Wary Ferguson singles out Wenger as main title rival

Sir Alex Ferguson has given Avram Grant a show of support by insisting that Chelsea are still equipped to challenge for the title but, in the wake of Jose Mourinho's departure, the Manchester United manager appears to have identified Arsenal as the most credible rival to his own side.

While believing that Chelsea could recover from the loss of Mourinho, Ferguson feels that the major threat from London is likely to come from the Emirates Stadium. Arsenal are the early pacesetters at the top of the Premier League, having won five of their opening six games, and Ferguson has been impressed by the slick manner in which Arsène Wenger's team have taken apart their opponents.

"They have started the season well and their form is very good," said Ferguson. "They have produced some very good performances and, in doing so, they have laid down a marker."

Arsenal's impressive start to the season, leaving them two points ahead of United with a game in hand, means Ferguson's main rivalry in English football is likely to revert to being with Wenger, particularly now that Mourinho is no longer around to stir things up.

Grant, a relative newcomer to the Premier League, is more of an unknown quantity, but Ferguson still believes Chelsea have sufficient talent in their squad to launch a sustained challenge. "They got a good result on Wednesday, 4-0 away from home [at Hull]. Avram Grant will have been keen to get a win under his belt and that will help him no end. People are talking about other teams breaking into the top four but I don't think you can dismiss Chelsea - how can you with the players they have got?"

Of his own side, Ferguson said he was satisfied with their form, but his mood was tinged by a sense of frustration from knowing that they should have been more ruthless in front of goal. The 2-0 defeat of Chelsea last weekend was United's fifth victory in a row, but Ferguson is still waiting for his team to reach their most exhilarating heights and he admitted being bewildered by their lack of goals.

"We've played seven games and scored only six goals and that is highly unusual for us," he said. "Over the years we have always managed a far bigger percentage of goals. But the goals will come. We've played three teams this season who have failed to win a corner-kick against us. I don't think any other team in the world could boast that statistic. Yes, we would have liked to have scored more goals but the performance levels have been very good most of the time."

The exception came on Wednesday when a team largely made up of reserves and youth academy graduates lost 2-0 to Coventry City in the Carling Cup, a performance that led to strident criticism from the manager. "It was a shock and there is no point trying to find excuses for it," he said. "It's a great lesson for young people because the basic principle of a cup tie is you have to fight. Coventry fought harder than us, they were aggressive, they got about us and that was the foundation of their victory.

"We looked at the Carling Cup as an avenue for these players to get games but now that has gone, [they] are going to have to go out on loan. There are one or two we will have to keep but I'm looking at the rest going out because, otherwise, when are they going to get any football?"
Old 29-09-2007, 08:37 PM
Samster

Vidic has taste for goals

Manchester United centre back Nemanja Vidic has spoken of his desire to continue scoring goals for The Red Devils after getting a taste for action at the other end of the pitch.

The 25-year-old has talked about his Old Trafford aspirations amid reports of a new four-year contract offer which would supposedly double the Serbia international’s wages to £50,000 a week.

Vidic has only been at the club for 18 months, but his solid defensive displays and die-hard attitude have won over fans since his move from Spartak Moscow.

The robust Vidic has kept five successive clean sheets as he and Rio Ferdinand’s partnership has flourished, and his goal against Everton in the 1-0 league win has ignited a craving for more.

“I plan to score lots of goals this year. If they come off my head, my feet or stomach, I don’t mind. I want to help the team win more matches,” said Vidic in The Sun.

“I understand there is a lot of concentration on our attacking players. But you have to defend to win football matches too.

“Myself and Rio have a great understanding and I think it is getting better. We aim to get as many clean sheets as we can.”

Sir Alex Ferguson has been highly impressed with Vidic’s displays to date, and the United manager compared the Serb’s cohesion with Ferdinand to that of another much-vaunted Old Trafford back line duo.

“He and Rio are probably the best defensive partnership we have had since [Steve] Bruce and [Gary] Pallister,” enthused Ferguson.

“The quality Nemanja has is that he is so brave. He is a great defender and he’s a real threat up front as well.

“He can play too but, importantly, he doesn’t mess about at the back.

“He is prepared to put his head in and that always makes him a threat up front. He can easily get ten this season.”
Old 29-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Samster

United eye Swedish starlet
15-year-old handed trial by Premier League champions

Manchester United have invited Gothenburg starlet Nicklas Barkroth for a one-week trial in October.

The 15-year-old became the youngest player ever in the Swedish Allsvenskan when he made his debut against Brommapojkarna in September.

The talented striker is tipped to be a huge star in the future and Gothenburg academy boss Thomas Gertmo is delighted to hear that he has attracted the interest of Sir Alex Ferguson's scouting team.

"The invitation from Manchester United looks a good and serious concept."
Gertmo told the club's official website.

"It will be during the autumn break. Both Nicklas and his parents are pleased that the studies won't be affected."

Barkroth hopes to make a good impression as he would love to one day play in the Premier League.

"It will be a good experience and I will get to know more about English football." he told GT.
Old 29-09-2007, 08:47 PM
Samster

Portugal star on his faith in United boss

Cristiano Ronaldo has revealed for the first time the turmoil that almost led him to turn his back on Manchester United after his World Cup spat with Wayne Rooney.

But the 22-year-old winger admits he made a mistake in saying he wanted to leave after being made a scapegoat for Rooney's red card in the quarter-final.

Both Real Madrid and Barcelona were waiting in the wings with £40million offers. But he decided to stay, was crowned Player of the Year, and now says: "There are moments in life when we all react on impulse when it would be wiser to stop, take a breath and think in a more rational way.

"That's what I should have done after all that controversy concerning Rooney and me. I acted in haste when I said there were no circumstances under which I would stay. I said things I wouldn't have said if I had just calmed down. Everybody makes mistakes. But the story had a happy ending.

"I assure you the best is yet to come. And the best will be more titles, which are the icing on the cake.

"And Rooney is a great friend of mine, by whose side it is a pleasure and honour to play. We are team-mates and we have a perfect understanding."

Like many United players before him, Ronaldo has come to regard manager Sir Alex Ferguson as a father figure. Ronaldo lost his own father, Dinis, two years ago and revealed how Fergie took on a paternal role and helped fill the void.

"Sir Alex is a very caring coach and I have a relationship with him that goes far beyond what is usual between a player and the coach," said Ronaldo.

"In fact, I can even say I signed for United because of him and it is down to him that I am still with United and in England.

"At the end of last season he was one of the most influential people in my decision. After reading I wanted to leave, he came to the Algarve to meet me.

"We talked a lot, he told me to come back, to trust him, that things would go well and that I would get a good reception. Fortunately for me I followed his advice.

"When I first pulled on the United shirt, I felt sure it was the club for me. It's where I feel happy. So much so, that I have no problem in saying that I would like to stay for many years." A three-match ban following a red card at Portsmouth for an attempted headbutt interrupted his start to the new campaign, after his scintillating performances and 23-goal haul last season.

But after his winning goal against Sporting Lisbon and impressive display in the win over Chelsea, the 22-year-old is confident he is close to recapturing top form.

"I want to develop in every way, not just in a specific aspect," said Ronaldo. "When a person is ambitious they will never be satisfied.

"The past is the past. What matters is the present and the future.

"The important thing for me is aiming to do even better and to become an even better player."

I wanted to wear No. 28 shirt but Sir Alex told me I was fit to live with these legends and wear the No.. 7

Cristiano Ronaldo has admitted he would not have become the world-beating player he is today had Sir Alex Ferguson not handed him Manchester United's iconic No.7 shirt.

For the first time, Ronaldo has revealed he initially chose the obscure No.28 shirt when he joined United four years ago - because it had not been assigned to any other player.

But Fergie told Ronaldo he was going to wear the number made famous by United legends such as George Best, Bryan Robson, Eric Cantona and David Beckham.

And Ronaldo, who has graduated to become one of the world's best players, admitted wearing the No.7 had inspired him.

"After I joined the manager asked me what number I'd like," said Ronaldo. "I said 28. But Ferguson said 'no, you're going to have No.7' and the famous shirt was an extra source of motivation.

"I was forced to live up to such an honour."
Old 30-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Samster

Birmingham v United: Player ratings
30/ 9/2007

Van der Sar: Made a great start with two vital saves in first two minutes but injury forced him off 7

Brown: Had an awkward time of it attempting to shackle the lively McSheffrey 5

Evra: Birmingham did get some joy behind him in first half but the Frenchman stood firm in second 6

Ferdinand: Made up for one or two scary defending moments with excellent ball for Ronaldo goal 7

Vidic: Are you Brucey in disguise. The City boss would have admired the Serb's resistance 8

Ronaldo: Birmingham's constant attempts to knock him out of his stride failed to quell him 8

Scholes: Quiet day from the veteran with his usual searching passes a rarity 5

Carrick: Only the occasional move stemmed from his vision 6

Giggs: One of those days when nothing came off for the skipper 5

Tevez: Gritty and powerful. Goal against Chelsea certainly pepped him up 8

Rooney: Non-stop effort up front and link up with Tevez looked the business at times 8

Subs:

Kuszczak (Van der Sar 45) Took over Van der Sar mantle with great save 7

Saha (Giggs 64) No impact 5

O'Shea (Tevez 89) No time 5

Not used: Anderson, Pique

Birmingham City: Taylor, Queudrue, Ridgewell, Kelly, Djourou (Schmitz 76), Larsson, Nafti (O'Connor 84), McSheffrey, Kapo, Muamba (Palacios 71), Jerome

Goals: United: Ronaldo (51)

Bookings: Birmingham: Nafti (61), Larsson (88). United: Evra (62)

Referee: S Bennett - Handled it fine 7

Attendance: 26,526

Old 30-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Samster

A Win is Still a WIN....

Whether it is 1 - 0 or 4 - 0...... its still worth 3 points

May not be glamorous but it gets the job done and brings us closer to our goal of more Silverware and the possibility of a Treble.... in short, keeps the fire burning and the flame of glory glowing.... ole ole ole

I would take 10 wins at 1 - 0 than 6 wins of 3 or more goals, 1 lose and 3 draws blah blah blah.....

So bring on more 1 - 0 and bring on more clean sheets our beloved ManU....

Cheerz
AC

Old 30-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiancigar View Post
A Win is Still a WIN....

Whether it is 1 - 0 or 4 - 0...... its still worth 3 points
Precisely, bro. What matters most is having the 3 points in the bag. The EPL is getting tougher every year because the TV money is helping to bridge the gap.

The team may not be scoring freely like previous seasons at the moment but things can only get better when the new signings get more games with Rooney, Ronaldo, Scholes etc.
Old 30-09-2007, 08:26 PM
Samster

Fergie: Ron's sensational

SIR Alex Ferguson heaped praise on Cristiano Ronaldo after the Portuguese international kept Manchester United in sight of Premiership leaders Arsenal.

The winger's second half strike against Birmingham handed the champions their fifth successive league win and leaves them two points behind Arsene Wenger's side, who also picked up a 1-0 win against West Ham.

The strike, coming after a mistake from Franck Queudreu in the 51st minute at St Andrews, was Ronaldo's first of the season and came on his 100th Premier League start.

He scored 25 goals last season and was both the PFA and football writers' player of the year for 2006-07 - and after his matchwinning performance against Steve Bruce's men, Ferguson believes he can be United's talisman once again this term.

"“Ronaldo was sensational again," he said. "The boy is so talented. His capabilities are unending.

"The goal might have come from a mistake but his composure was excellent.”

Hargreaves set for Roma

OWEN Hargreaves looks set to return for Manchester United's Champions' League clash with Roma on Tuesday.

The England international hasn't played since the champions' 1-0 win against Sunderland at the start of September after suffering a thigh injury.

As well as missing United's victories over Everton, Sporting Lisbon, Chelsea and Birmingham, the former Bayern Munich star also had to sit out England's Euro 2008 qualifiers against Israel and Ukraine this month.

But Sir Alex Ferguson is now optimimistic Hargreaves will be available for the Roma match, after he returned to full training.

Hopeful

“Owen trained yesterday and did well," said the United manager after the 1-0 win against Birmingham on Saturday. "We will see what he is like, but we are very hopeful he will be okay.”

Hargreaves has endured a difficult start to his United career after completing a protracted £17m move from Bayern this summer.

The 26-year-old has so played only three times for his new club - missing the start of the season with a knee injury.
Old 30-09-2007, 08:38 PM
Samster

Veloso eyes United move

Miguel Veloso would relish the opportunity to join former Sporting team-mates Nani and Cristiano Ronaldo at Manchester United.

Sir Alex Ferguson is reportedly tracking the £8 million-rated star following an impressive performance in United’s Champions League clash at Sporting earlier this month.

The 22-year-old, who can operate in either defence or midfield, did little to dampen speculation over his future, claiming it would be ‘a dream’ to join the Old Trafford club.

“To join United is a dream for any player,” Veloso is quoted as saying in the News of the World.

“I’m happy in Portugal but if a chance to join such a big club like them came along I would jump at it.

“Nani speaks sensationally about United and it would be sensational for me to play there with him and Cristiano.”

Veloso’s agent Paulo Barbosa revealed Sporting are not willing to part with the player, at least for the moment.

“Sporting told me in the summer a transfer is not under discussion - but that’s not to say it won’t happen in the future,” said Barbosa.

Tevez delighted in England

Carlos Tevez has expressed his delight at playing in England and is 'touched' by his Manchester United following.

The Argentina striker moved to the Red Devils in the summer after spending a year at Upton Park with West Ham.

And the 23-year-old can identify with the passion which the fans at Old Trafford bring to every game

"Playing in England is wonderful," he said in Champions, the official UEFA Champions League magazine. "You have the fans at hands' reach and they put you on a roll.

"The football is spectacular - so much passion, pace, strength - I can identify with it. And considering what happened between our countries in the past, I feel proud to be treated with so much love in England.

"With the fans chanting 'Argentina, Argentina' at every game, that is very touching."

Tevez has started seven out of Manchester United's eight league games this campaign but has been frustrated at times with only one goal for the club.

However the young striker remains philosophical about his approach to football.

"It is good to remember that football is only a game, especially for kids starting out," he said.

"A young footballer must have fun above everything else, I still do."

Rooney: Hard graft ahead

Wayne Rooney believes he is not an automatic starter for England and insists he must work hard for his club to get back in the international fold.

The Manchester United striker has missed England's last three games through a metatarsal injury - the third of his young career.

And Rooney has said he is concentrating on his club form, but is hopeful of regaining his place in the national team.

"My priority at the moment has to be Manchester United so all I am concentrating on at the moment is getting myself 100 per cent fit and doing well for my club," he said in the Sunday Mirror.

"But I have spoken to Steve McClaren quite a bit and it was great to see the lads beat Israel and Russia to give us a bit of a chance of qualifying for the European Championships.

"I just hope I can do enough to get my place back because there are some massive games coming up."

Rooney's latest metatarsal injury sparked concerns that he has a weak point in his foot, but the striker insists that is not the case.

"I'm not worried I've got a weakness. It's happened three times now and I know it's been mentioned that maybe I've got a weakness or that I should wear different boots.

"But when you've got a defender stamping on your foot then there is always a chance you are going to get hurt.

"I think I've just been unlucky," he added.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:55 AM
Samster

Fergie not concerned by goal-shy strikeforce

Sir Alex Ferguson insists there is no problem with Manchester United's attack despite a scarcity of goals.

Five out of United's last seven games have ended in 1-0 wins but Ferguson believes his new Wayne Rooney-Carlos Tevez strike partnership is starting to click.

United face Roma in the Champions League tomorrow night and when the sides met at Old Trafford last season Ferguson's team scored as many goals - they won 7-1 - as they have in eight Premier League matches so far this campaign.

They have scored 11 fewer goals than at the same stage last season but Ferguson is not worried by his strikers' form.

He said: "All the front players have been slow to get on to their game - that's understandable with Wayne with his injury and Tevez missing pre-season.

"They are getting better and will continue to do that. I think the partnership is good, using Wayne as a more advanced player and Carlos dropping in.

"They have that understanding, there are moments when Wayne drops in or drifts to the side but that's not a problem for us, it keeps our flow going.

"We know that Wayne can penetrate, that Cristiano Ronaldo can penetrate, and Carlos can in a different way, so I'm happy with that and I don't think there's a problem at all.

"Good players with the ability they have got will soon gel."

Rooney himself expressed his happiness at playing alongside Tevez even if his role as United's most forward striker is a new one.

The England striker said: "I've enjoyed playing with Carlos for the last two games - obviously when I play with him it's a different role for me.

"I have to let him be the link between the midfield and the forwards, which of course I'm happy to do.

"He's played well and I think he's getting better each game.

"Towards the end of the last season I played in that same role and got a few goals and I'm happy to keep doing that."

Meanwhile Ferguson does not envisage anything like the same scenes as Roma's last visit in April when they were torn apart by a rampaging United side who went through to the semi-finals.

The United manager said: "I think there's a big motivation on Roma's part - I have seen some of the Italian papers and they are all about revenge.

"I can see it's a big occasion for them after the defeat they suffered last year. They will want to turn that scoreline around.

"But it was a one-off - it won't happen again. European football is just not that way nowadays, and it will be a very difficult game for us, Roma are playing very well at the moment."

Rooney also anticipates a different contest - and said had he been a Roma player he would be relishing the task of putting the record straight.

"If I was them as soon as I had seen draw I'd have been delighted to have the opportunity to try to make it right so soon after," he said. "I would be sitting here rubbing my hands.

"I'm sure they will be fired up more than ever after last season's result so we will have to be aware of that."

Defenders Wes Brown and Nemanja Vidic are doubts after the pair picked up knocks at Birmingham - John O'Shea and Gerard Pique will step in if they fail fitness tests - but Owen Hargreaves trained this morning and is in line to make his European debut for United.

Ferguson admitted he might be tempted to bring the former Bayern Munich midfielder straight back into the fray despite his lack of match practice.

He said: "Hargreaves is a possibility but to be honest I would have liked for him to have had some more football for such an important game.

"European football is a different level for speed and tactics."
Old 02-10-2007, 01:04 AM
Samster

Cristiano Ronaldo happy to stay at Old Trafford

Cristiano Ronaldo says he wants to stay with Manchester United for 'many more years'. The Portugal winger signed a lucrative contract extension last season which commits him to the Old Trafford outfit until 2012, despite interest from Real Madrid and Barcelona.

"At the exact moment I put on the Red Devils shirt, I felt sure Manchester United was the ideal club for me, for my development as a player and a person," Ronaldo said.

"Four years have passed since I first walked onto the Old Trafford pitch. Today I consider it one of my homes. Without a lie, I can declare that I feel immense pride and joy at representing this great world club.

"Here at Manchester United is where I feel happy. So much so that I have no problem in saying that I would like to stay here for many more years."

Ronaldo's achievements last season, when he scored 23 goals as United secured the Premier League title, were honoured by him becoming only the second player to win both PFA Player and Young Player of the Year awards. He also scooped the Football Writers' gong, plus Manchester United players' and supporters' player of the year.

And, it seems probable he will be nominated for the Fifa World Player of the Year trophy as well. While AC Milan's Kaka is favourite to lift the award, Ronaldo does not view individual accolades to be above any success he might win with his club.

"To be nominated as the best footballer in the year would be a dream come true," he said. "However, I do not live with that obsession. Whatever has to happen will happen naturally, as a consequence of my evolution.

"If Manchester United is doing well, I will do well; the greater the success of United, the greater the success of each of its players.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:10 PM
Samster

Ronaldo taunts stir Roma tension

THE humiliation that they suffered at the hands of Manchester United last season has yet to subside for many of the AS Roma players, but, while Sir Alex Ferguson moved to quell talk of "revenge" before another potentially explosive meeting at Old Trafford this evening, Cristiano Ronaldo was less than diplomatic in rubbing salt into old wounds.

Having arrived at Old Trafford in April with every confidence of progressing to the last four of the Champions League after beating United 2-1 in the first leg of their quarter-final at the Olympic Stadium, Roma were taken apart.

A 7-1 defeat was the Italian club's heaviest in European competition and, while no one associated with Roma will need reminding of that, Ronaldo was content to recount the extent of their misery yesterday -- a revelation that is unlikely to sit well with a team nursing their pride before this evening's group F encounter.

The United winger claimed that, at 6-0 down, one of the opposition had pleaded with him to show mercy, but, although the Portugal winger declined to reveal the identity of that player, to judge from the comments this week of Christian Panucci, who accused some of the United team of "abusing their superiority" during the match, it could well have been the Roma full back.

"I often get some comments from opposition players that bring a smile to my face," Ronaldo, who scored twice in the romp, said. "It happened during the last match against Roma when we were already winning 6-0. 'Don't do any more dribbles, you are already winning by six,' said one of them, almost begging."

Ferguson admitted to feeling anxious when United were drawn against Roma again because the match has provided so much in the way of motivation for Luciano Spalletti's team, but the manager's biggest concern was the fitness of Nemanja Vidic and Wes Brown, especially after Edwin van der Sar, the goalkeeper, was ruled out because of a toe injury.

Neither defender trained yesterday morning after taking knocks in the 1-0 win away to Birmingham City on Saturday, so Gerard Pique and John O'Shea will be on standby.

With his team struggling for goals -- Birmingham were the sixth side United have beaten by the only score in their past eight matches -- Ferguson has been indebted to his defence and the loss of Brown, who has deputised brilliantly in the absence of the injured Gary Neville, and Vidic -- his defensive linchpin -- would represent a huge blow, especially against a team who, according to Patrice Evra, the full back, will have "a knife between their teeth".

United have scored only two more goals in 10 games this season than they did against Roma at home last season, but Wayne Rooney is convinced that he can make his partnership with Carlos Tevez work and even expressed confidence yesterday that the team can win the Champions League this season.

"Carlos is getting better with each game," the England forward said. "When I play with Carlos, it's a different role for myself. I try and play on the shoulder a lot more and let him be the link between the midfield and forwards."

"I'm desperate to win the Champions League, having got so close last season. We didn't play the way we can and it cost us in the away leg against AC Milan, but, hopefully, we can get to the final this year and try and win it from there.

"I think we're a bit more experienced a year on and the players we have brought in will add extra freshness, which I think we needed towards the end of last season."

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1