The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Adult Discussions about SEX

Notices

Adult Discussions about SEX Misc chit chat about sex, whores, girls, love and lust. This section is a ZAP FREE zone.

User Tag List

Old 08-12-2010, 01:26 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 270 / Power: 17
MillerV is one of the Best!MillerV is one of the Best!MillerV is one of the Best!
Re: Picking up KTV gals ouside KTVs

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird View Post

but I managed to descend slowing down some steep steps, w/ my hands clinging to the rails. There were mostly restaurants in the row of shop houses downstairs. As I walked towards one, I was greeted by someone who called Bro WB! He was a young handsome man (bro MillerV I think) who joined one of my outings only 3 days ago. He lived around the area. SG is really too small!

Bro WB
Yes Warbird that was me! Thanks for the compliment (bei paiseh :P)
To the contrary, Bro Warbird was standing and walking perfectly fine when i saw him. And there was a certain after-glow, a nice aura altogether. I guess thats why i din missed you.

Yes Singapore is really quite small. And where i stay, i do bump into plenty of people whenever i hop across for a teh tarik and a TCSS session. But its good to bump into friends, lotsa warmth to meet a friend in this crowded island.

Been interesting meeting bro WB and the rest at LV HH. Thanks for inviting. I would say, its an eye-opener. Would love to join again when schedule allows. Perhaps after CNY.

Bro grouchycabi, for your benefit i tot i will gather the links of the recommended books. Unfortunately, Kino dun carry Paul Getty's.
Give them a call and reserve the book. They will be willing to order Paul Getty's if you place your order.

The Making of an American Capitalist
Snowball
"How to be Rich" by J. Paul Getty.

Talking about Buffet, here's an interest tidbits which i tot was really cool.
Somewhere thru his first marriage, his wife decided to leave to pursue her career and got a galfriend of hers to "take care" of Buffet.
What a great and understanding wife! "er nai" with wife's initiative and blessings! i like

Last edited by MillerV; 08-12-2010 at 01:45 AM.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:13 AM
Samster

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 476 / Power: 16
MoralEpitome is a glorious beacon of lightMoralEpitome is a glorious beacon of lightMoralEpitome is a glorious beacon of lightMoralEpitome is a glorious beacon of lightMoralEpitome is a glorious beacon of light

Buffet's wife wanted to buy a new sofa for 1200...buffet being a thirfty man said: nutti wrong with our sofa that 1200 will be worth a million later!....no wonder no prc chick wants him and goes for it geek and media mogul instead! And i did buy that book from kino but think i bought the last copy...
Old 08-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Samster

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 40 / Power: 0
fallen.angel deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

First, let me apologize for being so anal-retentive but Buffett is spelt with two “T”s.

My OC, who grew up in HK until her late teens and who was very into HK tabloids (like 壹周刊) told me that Stanley Ho’s second wife was arranged by his first wife. She was the nurse who attended to Stanley’s dying first wife. His wife wanted someone to take care of him when she’s no longer around and so she arranged the marriage between her husband and her nurse. Miraculously, the first wife survived. Stanley then went on to have 2 more wives. Stanley, with all the power, money and fame, is helluva alpha male too.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:46 AM
Samster

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 270 / Power: 17
MillerV is one of the Best!MillerV is one of the Best!MillerV is one of the Best!

Thanks for the correction
Old 08-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 580 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 7306 / Power: 0
warbird has a reputation beyond reputewarbird has a reputation beyond reputewarbird has a reputation beyond reputewarbird has a reputation beyond reputewarbird has a reputation beyond reputewarbird has a reputation beyond reputewarbird has a reputation beyond reputewarbird has a reputation beyond reputewarbird has a reputation beyond reputewarbird has a reputation beyond reputewarbird has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Picking up KTV gals ouside KTVs

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchycabi View Post
I went to Bugis Junction's Kinokuniya to look for the two books recommended here. Found only the Intelligent Investor. I came across this book "The winning investment habits of Warren Buffet and George Soros" and found it interesting........Now I am just a lowly salaried worker who has yet to step into any of the KTVs mentioned here. I know, it's that bad!
The really useful book is the 1st book. Ignore the 2nd one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DO_YOU_BJ View Post
No no, that is good.
Stepping into KTVs will only make you realise its the cos of making you a millionaire and not a billionaire
Mr. Chairman,

IMHO, it's not the money but the time spent at KTVs n BY-ing gals which may prevent a man from becoming a billionaire. However, if he is very sextisfied n contented, he may be more productive/creative n thus become even more successful.

On the other hand, life is ephemeral n unpredictable, what is the purpose of making so much money if a man can't spend at least some of it tasting young n pretty pussies of his type?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallen.angel View Post
Bro warbird,

I am younger than you, yes, but I’m definitely not young...

I totally agree with the experienced bro that you have to go slow. I do exactly that. I prefer to take it slow because for some weird reasons unbeknownst, it makes the eventual sex just so much more orgasmic. Maybe because enough time is given to know each other better, inhabitations shed and any transactional notion erased.
Ths bro for ur advice. I'll go slow w/ the right gal.

Quote:
Hahaha, I have to agree with Bro DYBJ! Why is not having stepped into these KTVs bad? Seriously, if you are not even a tenth as rich as the shifus here – stay far far away! These KTV MMs can suck you dry faster than you can get a hard on. You should work hard, accumulate and grow your wealth first. When you become successful in what you do and full of confidence, the gals will flock to you.

Investing is a long term commitment which you won’t see results in the short term. It needs time to grow and reap profits but money thrown to KTV MMs cannot wait......

My friend runs a professional firm, has a few FH condo and landed property in D10 & D11 and a family-run F&B chain – a cash cow. I always tease him for being such a cheapskate because every time he goes GL, he only go for the GL80....... Well, he told me he has to watch his spending because his OC may suspect, although we guys keep separate bank accounts which we don’t show our OCs. Still, I agree with him that we should watch how we spend.

BY takes a lot of time too. That extra time has got to come from your working hours. So unless you are financial free like Bro WB and maybe many of the bros here (I don’t know cos I’ve not met any of you) then this game is not for you.
Very prudent advice.

Your well-to-do fren going for GL80 ?!! He should stash some cash in a secret fund to use for cheonging n BY-ing, hehe.

I'm actually unemployed but I hv a little money due to a lucky streak...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DO_YOU_BJ View Post
We enjoy now regret later, he regret now but enjoy longer!
Thus i added this in my siggy:
The Choices We Make, Dictate The Life We Lead!!!
Very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmhunter View Post
J..................Met a rich HK businessman 2 years ago over dinner. We chatted over dinner and he revealed that hardwork alone cannot make a man successful, blah blah blah. Anyway it was a pretty long conversation and I am pretty drunk on alcohol right now so I shall conclude this with:

Success = (Hardwork + Mental Health + Physical Health)*Luck
where Luck is defined as the number of people you know, your personality, macro economic factors, etc.
Ths for ur post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by besafe View Post
Well said Bro mmhunter !
Wishing you the very best in 2011, and that includes all brothers here in the forum.
Bro, best wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoralEpitome View Post
I read the winning investment habits of wb and gs long ago and I am not any richer then.......go to the Orchard one under Academia H01-01 to 05....you can find all the books there...the intelligent investor, the american capitalist and how to get rich.....as I said....reading is one thing...being able to execute is another........
Quote:
Well...I guess the wise thing is to do everything in moderation.......so the lesson to learn is if you wan to save...don't cheong ktv...hahahaha
To save money, just go to GL legal houses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerV View Post
Yes Warbird that was me! Thanks for the compliment (bei paiseh :P)
To the contrary, Bro Warbird was standing and walking perfectly fine when i saw him. And there was a certain after-glow, a nice aura altogether. I guess thats why i din missed you.....

Been interesting meeting bro WB and the rest at LV HH. Thanks for inviting. I would say, its an eye-opener. Would love to join again when schedule allows. Perhaps after CNY........................

Talking about Buffet, here's an interest tidbits which i tot was really cool.
Somewhere thru his first marriage, his wife decided to leave to pursue her career and got a galfriend of hers to "take care" of Buffet.
What a great and understanding wife! "er nai" with wife's initiative and blessings! i like
My role model is Getty, not Buffett, hehehe.

After CNY? Unfortunately, by then If my family is here, my outings will be infrequent. And I'll only keep one full-time gal.

Pls let me know.

Cheers!

Bro WB
Old 08-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Samster

Quote:
IMHO, it's not the money but the time spent at KTVs n BY-ing gals which may prevent a man from becoming a billionaire. However, if he is very sextisfied n contented, he may be more productive/creative n thus become even more successful.
Totally agree! Ladies go for facials, spas, manicure/pedicures, shopping/retail therapy to unwind and relax, so we guys need our stress busters. In fact, we guys actually need more therapeutic sexssions cos we have more stress and women in general live longer than men!

Quote:
On the other hand, life is ephemeral n unpredictable, what is the purpose of making so much money if a man can't spend at least some of it tasting young n pretty pussies of his type?
YES. But. You must have earned the money FIRST BEFORE you can spend SOME of it away. My dear bro WB, you have already made it in life. Successful, loaded and all. You have arrived. And so you are enjoying all the pussies, I mean fruits of your labor. Likewise, I enjoy life but I watch how much I spend. When I’ve finally attained your level, I’ll raise my bar and start to BY MMs of the highest quality! Hahaha!

Quote:
Your well-to-do fren going for GL80 ?!! He should stash some cash in a secret fund to use for cheonging n BY-ing, hehe.
Yes, unbelievable but true. He has a Singaporean gf who he spends quite a fair bit on. You see, at our age and stage in life, no matter how much we earn, we still have lots of commitments – financial commitments, family commitments, work commitments, etc. And since we are still 20+ years away from official retirement, we should watch our spending and be prudent.

Quote:
I'm actually unemployed but I hv a little money due to a lucky streak...
You are humble. You are just financially free and choose to be out of the rat race. Those who have made it will always attribute it to luck. Just that the word luck means dedication, hard work, shrewdness, prudence, all rolled into one.

Quote:
To save money, just go to GL legal houses...
LOL. Not necessary. Spare me for relating a real life story in GL.

There was this guy in his 40s who would book a certain ang pai, 4 to 6 sessions, every single day (sans days when she’s on red alert) for a period of, I don’t know, maybe 6 months or so? When I first learn about it, I told my well-to-do friend who was with me at our regular legal house, “wow, that guy so strong, can do so many hours!?” My friend laughed at me: “you think everyone is a stud like you can last so long ah! Of cos not lah. They go into the room to 培养感情,谈情说爱”. I was like, WTF!?!?!?!? This sorry soul go there to talk love???? So sad. That’s $12K to $20K a month spent on a pros who will be fxxked by so many men after he leaves the legal house. That was so sad. Recently, when I went back to GL and while driving into my regular house, I saw this SYT ang pai walked out of the building in black t-shirt and blue jeans. She has long wavy hair and can easily win many Havelock Rd KTV MMs in the looks and figure department. Wanted to ask her to hop on to my car but since I’ve called the OKT a day before to make booking for another SYT, I decided against it. I found out later from the OKT that she was not working cos she was “injured”. I didn’t ask about that guy. Probably used up all his money. Probably injured too and licking his wounds.

So the moral of my long-winded story is – whether you go GL or KTV (low end or high end), end of the day, if you cannot control your emotions, your hard earn money will leave you.

Quote:
After CNY? Unfortunately, by then If my family is here, my outings will be infrequent. And I'll only keep one full-time gal.
Bro WB, when you called me yesterday, I was with my OC and our bank’s RM going through our portfolio (year-end ritual) somewhere in Raffles Place so I wasn’t prepared and couldn’t really talk and react. Year ends and the first 2 weeks of the following year are usually extremely busy for me but from the third week of Jan 2011 till your family is here, I will not reject you! So do not give up on me just yet, ya!
Old 08-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Samster

I went to my gal’s place for lunch just now. She cooked dumplings, vegetable and herbal soup. After lunch we adjourned to her bedroom to enjoy some aircon. Wanted to do it but her aunt has not left. I remembered what bro WB had posted over the weekend and told her “if you don’t help me release, I’ll go find other gfs to help me”. In the end, she HJ and BBBJ till I CIM. Hahaha. Must thank bro WB for teaching me that – very effective!
Old 08-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Samster

MoralEpitome is a glorious beacon of lightMoralEpitome is a glorious beacon of lightMoralEpitome is a glorious beacon of lightMoralEpitome is a glorious beacon of lightMoralEpitome is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

YES. But. You must have earned the money FIRST BEFORE you can spend SOME of it away. My dear bro WB, you have already made it in life. Successful, loaded and all. You have arrived. And so you are enjoying all the pussies, I mean fruits of your labor. Likewise, I enjoy life but I watch how much I spend. When I’ve finally attained your level, I’ll raise my bar and start to BY MMs of the highest quality! Hahaha!

Yes, unbelievable but true. He has a Singaporean gf who he spends quite a fair bit on. You see, at our age and stage in life, no matter how much we earn, we still have lots of commitments – financial commitments, family commitments, work commitments, etc. And since we are still 20+ years away from official retirement, we should watch our spending and be prudent.

You are humble. You are just financially free and choose to be out of the rat race. Those who have made it will always attribute it to luck. Just that the word luck means dedication, hard work, shrewdness, prudence, all rolled into one.

LOL. Not necessary. Spare me for relating a real life story in GL.

There was this guy in his 40s who would book a certain ang pai, 4 to 6 sessions, every single day (sans days when she’s on red alert) for a period of, I don’t know, maybe 6 months or so? When I first learn about it, I told my well-to-do friend who was with me at our regular legal house, “wow, that guy so strong, can do so many hours!?” My friend laughed at me: “you think everyone is a stud like you can last so long ah! Of cos not lah. They go into the room to 培养感情,谈情说爱”. I was like, WTF!?!?!?!? This sorry soul go there to talk love???? So sad. That’s $12K to $20K a month spent on a pros who will be fxxked by so many men after he leaves the legal house. That was so sad. Recently, when I went back to GL and while driving into my regular house, I saw this SYT ang pai walked out of the building in black t-shirt and blue jeans. She has long wavy hair and can easily win many Havelock Rd KTV MMs in the looks and figure department. Wanted to ask her to hop on to my car but since I’ve called the OKT a day before to make booking for another SYT, I decided against it. I found out later from the OKT that she was not working cos she was “injured”. I didn’t ask about that guy. Probably used up all his money. Probably injured too and licking his wounds.

So the moral of my long-winded story is – whether you go GL or KTV (low end or high end), end of the day, if you cannot control your emotions, your hard earn money will leave you.

Bro WB, when you called me yesterday, I was with my OC and our bank’s RM going through our portfolio (year-end ritual) somewhere in Raffles Place so I wasn’t prepared and couldn’t really talk and react. Year ends and the first 2 weeks of the following year are usually extremely busy for me but from the third week of Jan 2011 till your family is here, I will not reject you! So do not give up on me just yet, ya!
I have doubts on the expertise of these bank's rm to give you a sound portfolio and build your wealth....I ever walked into the now defunct ABN Ambro Priority banking and guess what... they ask me put everything into MiniBonds....lucky I never listen to him....

I guess whether KTV GL TN or HC....it is still possible to be KCed...I ever went to look for a HC girl every day although her services suckz just because she was my type!....

Bro WB, J Paul Getty did not engage in hedonistic activities till much later in life after he made his billions...so my advice to myself is after I make millions first then go back to the KTV scene....
Old 09-12-2010, 12:44 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 542 / Power: 23
Niceman is a glorious beacon of lightNiceman is a glorious beacon of lightNiceman is a glorious beacon of lightNiceman is a glorious beacon of lightNiceman is a glorious beacon of lightNiceman is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I have doubts on the expertise of these bank's rm to give you a sound portfolio and build your wealth....I ever walked into the now defunct ABN Ambro Priority banking and guess what... they ask me put everything into MiniBonds....lucky I never listen to him....
aiya, what balance portfolio, is simply ask u sell and buy into other, so they can make commission mah...... be aware, very aware.....

wealth management is all a bull shit. Just wanna sell u as much as they can. How many of them gone thru 98' asia financially crisis and recent lehman brother's aftermath effect? Sell u china fund, but how many really been to china (not those 3D2N tour hor)?
Old 09-12-2010, 07:36 AM
Samster

Quote:

I guess whether KTV GL TN or HC....it is still possible to be KCed...I ever went to look for a HC girl every day although her services suckz just because she was my type!....

Bro WB, J Paul Getty did not engage in hedonistic activities till much later in life after he made his billions...so my advice to myself is after I make millions first then go back to the KTV scene....
Wah liao, lucky you didn’t listen to him and put everything into Minibonds! Otherwise, that would spell the end of your cheonging activities man!

Not to worry, my RM is not from ABN Amro nor priority banking. I never use my bank’s discretionary mandate, choosing instead its advisory mandate (at the other end of the spectrum). I receive up to 10 calls a day for recommendations and trade ideas from my RM but I usually reject them all. I make my own decisions when it comes to what and where to invest my funds. I just call her for support and throughout our professional relationship, she understands what kind of client I am. She would always say I tear balance sheets apart. LOL. I’ve seen too many bank/client relationships gone wrong with either party suing and countersuing each other for losses running into the tens of millions. If you put money into their discretionary services, they will just trade as frequent as they can to generate commission for themselves.

What I like about my bank is I get to have free breakfasts, lunches and dinners (in their office/command centre or 5-star hotels) while at the same time get up to speed with current affairs and investing ideas. I’m a cheapskate. LOL. I also like to meet all these rich and successful and friendly clients and pick their brains and improve myself. Lots of things to learn.

Anyways, the topic on investment is very relevant in this thread because without the extra cash, we can’t have the extra curriculum activities.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:17 AM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceman View Post
aiya, what balance portfolio, is simply ask u sell and buy into other, so they can make commission mah...... be aware, very aware.....

wealth management is all a bull shit. Just wanna sell u as much as they can. How many of them gone thru 98' asia financially crisis and recent lehman brother's aftermath effect? Sell u china fund, but how many really been to china (not those 3D2N tour hor)?
I agree with you...but there are still a few good ones left...but most are young and inexperienced

Quote:
Wah liao, lucky you didn’t listen to him and put everything into Minibonds! Otherwise, that would spell the end of your cheonging activities man!

Ya....he was telling me MiniBonds very good...pays me yearly interest of 6% vs 2.5% for deposits at that time...I read the brochure and had no idea how did it get it's payouts so never invest in anything you don't understand I guess

Not to worry, my RM is not from ABN Amro nor priority banking. I never use my bank’s discretionary mandate, choosing instead its advisory mandate (at the other end of the spectrum). I receive up to 10 calls a day for recommendations and trade ideas from my RM but I usually reject them all. I make my own decisions when it comes to what and where to invest my funds. I just call her for support and throughout our professional relationship, she understands what kind of client I am. She would always say I tear balance sheets apart. LOL. I’ve seen too many bank/client relationships gone wrong with either party suing and countersuing each other for losses running into the tens of millions. If you put money into their discretionary services, they will just trade as frequent as they can to generate commission for themselves.

What I like about my bank is I get to have free breakfasts, lunches and dinners (in their office/command centre or 5-star hotels) while at the same time get up to speed with current affairs and investing ideas. I’m a cheapskate. LOL. I also like to meet all these rich and successful and friendly clients and pick their brains and improve myself. Lots of things to learn.

Anyways, the topic on investment is very relevant in this thread because without the extra cash, we can’t have the extra curriculum activities.
Don't worry, you are not the only cheapskate haha....I heard that a CEO of large listed company in Singapore withdraw and deposit millions just to get free vouchers.... yes I actually prefer this topic over pussies but they go hand in hand... I have much to learn from the almost billionaires in this thread...
Old 09-12-2010, 11:34 AM
Samster

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 7 / Power: 0
singlad is Cool - loads of Potential

[QUOTE=MoralEpitome;5475537

Bro WB, J Paul Getty did not engage in hedonistic activities till much later in life after he made his billions...so my advice to myself is after I make millions first then go back to the KTV scene....[/QUOTE]

Hi Bro MoralEpitome,
Getty was known to be truly cost conscious and his penny pinching stories are legendary. He would circled a restaurant with his girlfriends until the time was up for half pricing, he installed a pay phone in his home for his guests and he would rather had his son's ear cut off than to pay a ransom.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlad View Post
Hi Bro MoralEpitome,
Getty was known to be truly cost conscious and his penny pinching stories are legendary. He would circled a restaurant with his girlfriends until the time was up for half pricing, he installed a pay phone in his home for his guests and he would rather had his son's ear cut off than to pay a ransom.
Actually many rich people are like that....for example I have a fren who stayed in a GCB and drives a nissan sunny and would walk 3 blocks just to save $2 parking fees, have a lawyer fren who would drive a korean car, private banking and priority banking customers who would ask for freebies....I don't suppose there is anything wrong with that...that's why rich people stay rich.....on the flip side I also have frens who will pinch on food but drives a maserati....oh well....I suppose everyone has different priorities in life and it is important to know what is important or not....remember that these prc girls are transcient and they will come and go...even our legendary LDH says that out of his many harem of women...only one stayed with him thoughout the ups and downs(think he will whack me later when he sees this haha)....

Value is always relative....some people see value in ST some people see value in BY....just remember our priority in life is to provide for our family foremost, save up for retirement, and then the spare for such fun....
Old 09-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 212 / Power: 19
justime is a Helpful and Caring Samsterjustime is a Helpful and Caring Samsterjustime is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Part ONE:

I spoke to bro WB last week and promised to contribute my two cents when I next log in to sammyboy. So here goes:

These are some of my own personal observations:

1) I notice the change in tack with regards to the thread. This is a distinct shift toward material and financial accumulation with the pre-supposition that when one attains your financial goals, we would be a position to indulge our sensuous self.

Without going into an argumentative mode, let me just highlight to you of the fallacy in such an assumption. There will never be a time when you will sit back and say: okay, my financial goals are attained, now is the time for pampering myself. Financial goals are amorphous, with ever shifting goal post as one embarks on one’s life journey.

Let be tell it point blank, even if you have the wealth of Croesus (modern analogy is Bill Gates I suppose), the mind set of purposeful accumulation of wealth will undoubtedly get in the way of completely immersing and indulging the pleasure of the flesh. You will find it difficult to see “value” in such hedonistic pleasures.

The illustration of Getty and Buffett’s parsimonious ways (highlighted in this thread) should give a hint of the particular mind-set. For effective accumulation of wealth, the mind-set of “dollarizing” many aspects of life transaction is one key ingredient. It often carries over to hedonistic pleasure. And compromises in the long run.

What I am suggesting here is to therefore go beyond “textbook”. Supplement abstract theorizing by seeking out role models (in real life) who have actually accumulated wealth and who also knows how to enjoy it on hedonistic pleasures.

In my personal life story, my so call mentors do not defer gratification during their wealth accumulation stage. As they are on route to “making it”, they effectively budget and stretch their dollar. Please note that the budget is not a cursory 10% (as if like a tithe) but rather a hefty (at least 30%). It’s a commitment to a hedonistic lifestyle even as they accumulate wealth. As you wealth is building up on an upward trajectory, the 30% remains, but the sheer dollarise amount can be staggering!

We would sit down and think which way To walk and pass our long love’s day."
Old 09-12-2010, 01:21 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 212 / Power: 19
justime is a Helpful and Caring Samsterjustime is a Helpful and Caring Samsterjustime is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Part Two:

2) As for investment decisions, it good to see the in-built premise:

a) I am responsible for my own wealth (and any failures) should my financial goals be not met.

b) I Know as much as my Private Banker & Relationshjp Managers (if not more). Ultimately, no one has more invested interest to see me succeed than me myself.

Keep this mind-set. But also be flexible and humble enough to recognize “investor hubris”. Return on Investments are again not formulaic. Even if you know the full intricacies of the Black-Scholes models and totally conversant with the principles of value investment, you might not make it. Here is why:

Note two important aspects that distinguishes success and spectacular success.

One, Returns are never reduced to mathematical formulas. There is a whole lot of intuition involved. Numbers are like compass, they simply show the way. But there is an element to intuit whether the direction is correct. Bankers simply by being around money have an favourable conducive environment to build this intuition. (Not all mind you, there are some playful and out of depth Private Bankers mind you!)

Even if all technical indicators and fundamentals are favourable, it’s the emotional capacity to act that matters. A lot of people I know want more and more confirmatory instances of a good deal that by the time they get in the game, the rate of return slows (or even reverses).

So my personal view is that, do consider giving discretionary powers to your banker. Obviously not all of it but a nice percentage of your Assets Under Management.

The big caveat is of course to choose wisely the banker. Never settle for defaults like most people do. (Remember it is NOT the Institution (Bank) but rather the person who manages your money.

Much the like finding a significant other (wife or even a BY), actively seek these out. (How to do so is beyond the scope of this thread.)

3) There are several allusions to the concept of “opportunity cost” in this thread. That is, if only I don’t spend so much money on cheong, I would have a tidy pile by now. I would be in a better position to springboard more material gain and really get the super desirable babes now… I’ll be a millionaire instead of thousandaire, I’ll be a billionaire instead of a millionaire yadda yadda yadda..

Firstly, this is unproductive thinking. Let me tell you point blank that what’s past is past. You did not sow and now you lament about the prospective harvest.

Let me also put to you that even if you have sown and exerted the mental and physical stamina to concentrate on building wealth, you still might not make it. Its called deferred gratification unfulfilled. And this phenomenon is more common than you realize.

Break free the conventional thinking that reward is commensurate with effort and self denial. Not so. There are other tools that can short-cut the wealth trajectory. (Again not in the scope to this thread).

Lastly before I hurriedly pen off: remember that it is the journey itself (and not the destination) that makes for a quality life … getting wealthy should be a nice journey in itself. And in undertaking this journey, romance can be make the road all that much sweeter!

We would sit down and think which way To walk and pass our long love’s day."
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1