The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > The best of Thailand

Notices

The best of Thailand Serving your Thai Business & Holiday Needs. All Singaporeans in Thailand sign in to show your support and bring your Thai "friends" with you for stuff you can't discuss on Facebook! :)
ประเทศไทยต้อนรับคุณ!

User Tag List
1980, nirvana

Old 03-03-2006, 11:35 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 36 / Power: 0
Blacklabel deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re:Shopping Centre Rental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohni
Kekeke bang balls man.

By the way Siam Square rental price can be even more expensive than Orchard Road malls!
I enquire before depends on the location and size, for the new shopping mall which I got no idea what's the name, the rent was averaging from 80k to 300k baht.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:16 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 66 / Power: 0
Sohni deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Shopping Centre Rental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklabel
I enquire before depends on the location and size, for the new shopping mall which I got no idea what's the name, the rent was averaging from 80k to 300k baht.
Are you refering to Siam Paragon? If so it's quite reasonable.

However my Thai associate commented hold off any investments due to the current instability of Thai politics.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:03 AM
Samster

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 776 / Power: 20
KatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to behold
Bakeries battle for market share

Report from Bangkok Post dated Monday 6 March 2006 :-

Bakeries battle for market share : Rising popularity of coffee-flavoured buns

As the fad for coffee and green tea fades, coffee-flavoured buns from Singapore and Malaysia are gaining in popularity.

Seven brands from Thailand's neighbours have been launched in the last three months: Crystal Jade, My Bread, Bread Talk, Roti Boy, Mr Bun and Papa Roti. Roti Boy has become a local phenomenon.

Also jumping on the bandwagon is Coffee Dome, with hot-selling pastries from its first outlet on the ground floor of the Carrefour hypermarket's Rama IV branch.

Fast Freight and Forward Co was set up to run Coffee Dome outlets in Thailand with registered capital of two million baht.

The former chief operating officer of the Singaporean bakery brand Roti Mom is leading the venture with a group of Thai electronics and IT entrepreneurs.

Kelvin Goh, who is now marketing director of Fast Freight & Forward Co, said the company would initially import frozen dough from Singapore for processing in Thailand.

However, it plans to produce its own dough at a bakery in Chanthaburi starting next month.

Business is likely to be brisk for Coffee Dome. Since it opened, more than 3,500 buns have been snapped up each day _ and customers have no qualms about waiting in line for the snacks.

Following the positive response, the company plans to open between 40 and 50 more Coffee Dome outlets throughout the country, including Pattaya and Nakhon Ratchasima.

But if one can't wait, Coffee Dome products can also be found in some Carrefour, Tesco Lotus and Tesco Lotus Express outlets and at all outlets of The Mall department stores.

To increase customer satisfaction, the company also plans to offer a delivery service at some Tesco Lotus express outlets.

Asked whether the popularity of coffee-flavoured buns was just a fad, Mr Goh said: ''Although coffee and bread may not be every Thai's ideal way to start the day, the popularity of the two products has continuously increased.

''Our products are made from a combination of both, so demand for coffee buns is not just a fad.''

Apart from opening in the local market, the company plans to sell franchises in Japan, South Korea and the United States.

Also making a grab for a portion of the market is President Bakery Plc, the manufacturer of Farmhouse bread.

Managing director Apichart Thammanomai said the company was interested in expanding via retail channels to get closer to customers, rather than using a wholesale approach.

To cash in on market demand for fresh bakery goods, President Bakery opened its first Farmhouse Fresh outlet in the Asok area earlier this year.

Its approach to products is similar to Roti Boy's, but it claims its products are different and more varied.

The company plans to open five Farmhouse Fresh outlets in Bangkok this year.

Mr Apichart said the company would also expand its wholesale business in 2006 and it would relaunch its logo soon to reaffirm its brand image.

President says its business isn't threatened by the new market entries, and expects operations to grow this year by 18%, on par with 2005.

Sales of President Bakery last year increased 18.7% to 2.14 billion baht with a 42.2% increase in net profit to 191.49 million baht.

President Bakery shares closed on Friday on the Stock Exchange of Thailand at 89 baht, up four baht, in trade worth 535,000 baht.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:48 PM
Samster

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 776 / Power: 20
KatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to behold
Betagro branches out into Japanese restaurants

Report from Bangkok Post dated Monday 6 March 2006 :-

Betagro branches out into Japanese restaurants

Agricultural group Betagro is aiming at 20% growth in consolidated sales this year driven by meat industry investments.

Of the targeted revenue of 30 billion baht, 12 billion would come from the group's chicken business, 14 billion from its regional and feed businesses, three billion from swine and two billion from animal health, said Vasit Taepaisitphongse, the executive vice-president.

Mr Vasit said more sales would come from its new chicken processing plant, which has increased its total capacity to 4,000 tonnes of processed chicken a month, from 1,600 tonnes previously.

Additionally, he said, total output from its animal-feed unit would grow to 1.5 million tonnes a year, up from 1.2 million.

The group also planned to expand its processed-meat business for the export market, which included sausages, bacon and ham, he said.

He said the company hadn't been affected much by the bird flu outbreak that had hit many farms in Asia and Europe.

"There is a bright opportunity for Thai chicken exports, backed by quality that has been trusted by customers in Japan and Europe," he said.

Mr Vasit said the group still had close business ties with its Japanese partners, Ajinomoto and Sumitomo.

Betagro plans to introduce more cooked products, including ready-to-eat meals, with a focus on a new joint venture with the Japanese restaurant chain, Ootoya, to tap the popularity of Japanese food.

Betagro Ootoya Co is a joint venture between Betagro, Ootoya Inc and Sumitomo Corp Thailand, set up last year to start a chain of restaurants to serve Japanese dishes prepared in a homemade style.

According to Mr Vasit, Betagro Ootoya expected to gain in popularity with plans to open 30 additional outlets in Bangkok.

Ootoya operates three types of outlets in Thailand - Ootoya Restaurant, Ootoya Kitchens and Ootoya Deli.

Following good response to its Thong Lo branch, opened last January, Mr Vasit said the company would open 10 additional outlets by the end of the year with investment of up to 50 million baht.

Of the 10 new outlets, three would be restaurants, four would be kitchens and the rest would be delis.

This year, Mr Vasit expected the company's six outlets to generate between 140 million and 150 million baht in sales.

The Ootoya chain, which was established in +++yo in 1958, has 170 outlets in +++yo and Kansai in Japan.

The Thai outlets import raw materials such as fish, sauces and seaweed, from Japan. The price of each dish ranges from 100 to 200 baht.

Ootoya in Bangkok targets working people, families and students, said Mr Vasit.

Mr Vasit said the restaurant business was a new challenge for Betagro but it had provided valuable experience in food business supply chains and an opportunity to interact directly with consumers.

Other international chains had approached Betagro to discuss setting up similar joint ventures, he said.
Old 18-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 66 / Power: 0
Sohni deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Amaze Pub and Restaurant (Param 9)

If you like listening to live band while eating. You may want to stop by this place if you're in RCA vicinity. Amaze pub and restaurant is probably only opened for one month. Opposite Long Beach MP.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:53 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 60 / Power: 0
tomby deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Eating in Bangkok

to all my bro here, Any good No-Hand Restaurant to recomend?
Old 10-08-2006, 12:41 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1978 / Power: 20
yinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomby
..Any good No-Hand Restaurant to recomend?
Not sure if there are other "no hands" places bkk. But frankly, you will not miss out anything on the original 1 at Surawongse (off Patpong).

1st X 6 years ago, it was a novelty for me and my bud (wet behind our ears then, dunno got other places to scout for puyings). Offered (jokingly) to help me when I go pee..

Been there again 2X over last year with my gal to meet her friend working there (moved from suk soi 33 bar). Her friend's Fon, petite gal from Issan, can get by with english.

Food so-so, not cheap -but watch out for over-zealous "hands out" for tipping by captain/manager (only 3 of us, why must have 2 attending to us??). Even getting off your shoes b4 entering room, neve mind toilets. Accept tipping is a way of life LOS, but this 1 is OTT!

Saw an offshoot near sukh (stickman site) lasy year but dunno if close shop.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:34 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 161 / Power: 23
naj57 is a Helpful and Caring Samsternaj57 is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by baron17
went to the Hway Khwang SomBoon for makan during my trip...

took a not too short walk from Wattana Mansions(Soi Poseidon)... according to legend, Somboon used to provide quality food at cheap prices until PM Japan Junichiro Koizumi visited the restuarant... soon after the prices sky rocketed..

the entire restaurant was plastered with pictures of that honouary visit save for the restrooms.

For 2persons., we ordered a chilli crab, a frog leg, a snake-something fish, a kangkong and a kung chay num pla....

Chilli Crab: 4.5/10

Their style of chilli crab is very different from singapore and din go down as well.. wanted to get black pepper crab originally but only avaliable for big sized crab @ >1,000B

Frog Leg: 7/10

Done in black pepper style. Was quite nice, again, in an unique thai way

Kang Kong: 5/10

think it only taste good sambal style. donno whether avaliable at Somboon or not

Fish: 6/10

Sticky skin

Kung Chay Num Pla: 8/10

think it is very difficult to go wrong with this dish. no cooking required. almost wolfed down the whole plate by myself

Total damage? 1,030B... not exactly cheap but not expensive either.. don't think you can get this type of price in singapore... although not fantastic fare... maybe i chosed all the wrong dishes...

will give it a second chance next time....
i was at Hway Khwang Som Boon for dinner last week. Yah man, Junichiro Koizumi's pictures macham the main decor for the place, haha.

Food-wise ok, two of us didn't order that much, and it came to about 700baht.

This thread is simply hilarious!!
Old 13-08-2006, 08:12 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 105 / Power: 19
JaoChoo deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuyJaoChoo deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Actually, I don't like Som Boon food that much. It's not too bad, but the preparation is very 'raw', as in not refined. And what's this problem with "Cash Only" policy?

Another good recommendation for nice thai food is at Leelawadee. Anyone heard of it before? It's near Meng Jai Driving Range. Same Road.
Old 13-08-2006, 08:19 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 161 / Power: 23
naj57 is a Helpful and Caring Samsternaj57 is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaoChoo
Actually, I don't like Som Boon food that much. It's not too bad, but the preparation is very 'raw', as in not refined. And what's this problem with "Cash Only" policy?

Another good recommendation for nice thai food is at Leelawadee. Anyone heard of it before? It's near Meng Jai Driving Range. Same Road.
I found it strange too they do not accept credit card.

Leelawadee? Maybe i try on next trip. Any recommendation of dishes there?

This thread is simply hilarious!!
Old 14-08-2006, 02:53 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 409 / Power: 23
Pongo is a living Saint! - you won't find betterPongo is a living Saint! - you won't find betterPongo is a living Saint! - you won't find betterPongo is a living Saint! - you won't find betterPongo is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaoChoo

Leelawadee .. the ambiance looks not bad from outside ... went pass a few times nv try doh ...
Old 15-08-2006, 04:15 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 105 / Power: 19
JaoChoo deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuyJaoChoo deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Bro Naj57,

Try the curry powdered deep fried soft shell crab. Best man... Now type about it also hungry liao.

Also try deep fried morning glory. Aroi MAK!

Bro Pongo,

Nice and big. Got indoor and outdoor sitting. But outdoor got mosquitoes. They burn some smelly incense to keep the mozzies away. But nice place overall. Got live band too siah.
Old 26-04-2007, 06:26 PM
SuayMak

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: / Power: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaoChoo View Post

might be heading to BKK soon, n top on my list (except gals ) would always b the good food. in regards to the rest. Leelawadee, is meng jai driving range the same as see yak meng jai?! i went to one called Ahang Nathong in soi nathong. very good food, n zero tourists. wondering are they near each other? thanks.
Old 27-04-2007, 08:50 AM
Samster (M)

My Reputation: Points: -194 / Power: 0
gigantor gigantor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuayMak View Post
might be heading to BKK soon, n top on my list (except gals ) would always b the good food. in regards to the rest. Leelawadee, is meng jai driving range the same as see yak meng jai?! i went to one called Ahang Nathong in soi nathong. very good food, n zero tourists. wondering are they near each other? thanks.
Nathong is nice. Good food and reasonable price. I believe it is cater for the local. Huge place with a stage in the pond(With singers). Always one of the place for dinner for my bkk trip. Only problem is that not all taxi know how to go there. Have to tell them it is opposite carribean G club.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:00 AM
Samster

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 390 / Power: 20
yanz is a living Saint! - you won't find betteryanz is a living Saint! - you won't find betteryanz is a living Saint! - you won't find betteryanz is a living Saint! - you won't find better

i'm goin back to bkk in a couple of days.. yah, nathong very difficult to access. only prominent landmark is carribean. any other good recommendations? cheers.

yanz
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1