The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > JB Delights - Great Action just across the Causeway [NEW]

Notices

JB Delights - Great Action just across the Causeway [NEW] For those who don't like to do it in their own backyard but still want to be close to home.

User Tag List

Old 07-08-2014, 12:07 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 776 / Power: 19
KatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to behold
Malaysia to study toll hikes impact

Report from The STAR dated 7 August 2014 :-

Malaysia to study toll hikes impact

PUTRAJAYA - The Works Ministry is expected to look into the concerns raised by those affected by the new toll rates.

"They (the Works Ministry) are also gathering more information from other (Johor) wakil rakyat over the hue and cry of the local people.

"It is up to the minister in charge to announce these," said Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Datuk Dr Wee Ka Siong.

MCA had also voiced concerns over the impact of the new toll on small and medium enterprises and Malaysians who commute daily to Singapore via the expressway.

Transport Minister Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai has raised this matter in the Cabinet meeting yesterday alongside Dr Wee.

Dr Wee said the concerns were discussed at the meeting and that the Works Ministry was expected to conduct a study on the matter.

"The Works Minister (Datuk Fadillah Yusof) has explained that it is too costly to take over this highway without any charge. That is why they have to impose the toll," Dr Wee said in his office after the Cabinet meeting yesterday.

Last Friday, a group of factory bus drivers staged a blockade at the entrance to the Bangunan Sultan Iskandar Customs, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) complex in protest of the new toll.

The toll, which came into effect on Aug 1,2014 is collected within the CIQ for the maintenance and building cost of the Eastern Dispersal Link (EDL) and other CIQ-related facilities.

The EDL is an 8.1km expressway that connects the end of the North-South Expressway (NSE) at the Pandan Interchange to the CIQ complex in Bangunan Sultan Iskandar.

------ KatoeyNewsNetwork
Old 07-08-2014, 05:31 PM
Samster

KatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatslooter View Post
toll increase is still bearable, in a short run the car and biz will be increased gradually. The killing part is the VEP which likely MY side will increase to Rm50 (capped) and SG already increased to $35.

In future a SG plate car need to pay : Rm 16.5x2+Rm 50=Rm 83 to and fro. by then the traffic condition will be more smoothly, it may take 10 mins to clear the custom.

It is not worthwhile to spend such a big sum of $$ just for a leisure trip to JB.
Report from The New Straits Times (Malaysia) dated 7 August 2014 :-

Malaysian VEP unlikely to affect foreign investments in Iskandar Malaysia

NUSAJAYA: The decision to impose a vehicle entry permit (VEP) fee on Singapore-registered vehicles entering Malaysia via Johor Baharu will not likely affect foreign investments in Iskandar Malaysia, said Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA) chief executive Datuk Ismail Ibrahim.

He said as Singapore, being one of the largest investors in Iskandar Malaysia with a total investment of RM11 billion, had also imposed the VEP, it would understand its rationale.

“We have not receive any negative statements or opinions from investors on VEP. We are looking at long-term efforts to develop Iskandar Malaysia with an influx of foreign investors.

“Foreign investors are undeterred by VEP. We do not expect any investors to withdraw over VEP, instead they are here for the long haul. They have not said VEP is detrimental (to investment),” he told reporters at an Aidilfitri open house hosted by IRDA at Pinewood Studios here today.

Ismail said only those, who ventured into short-term investments, might feel that that the VEP would pose a problem to them.

The VEP is said to be implemented by the year end, although the details are still under discussion.

On July 1, Singapore’s Land Transport Authority announced that it would raise the VEP and goods vehicle permit fees for foreign-registered vehicles coming into Singapore.

From last Friday, drivers of foreign-registered cars will have to pay $35 for a daily permit, up from $20. Drivers of goods vehicles will pay $40 for a monthly permit, four times more than $10 now.
– BERNAMA
------ KatoeyNewsNetwork
Old 07-08-2014, 05:36 PM
Samster

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 139 / Power: 17
DirkDiggler7791 deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuyDirkDiggler7791 deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy
Re: No more cheonging in JB

This typical mudlaysian response lah. When the shit hits them, they will pay u $50 instead to come in mudland.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:01 PM
Samster

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 252 / Power: 13
localbest is one of the Best!localbest is one of the Best!localbest is one of the Best!

Many Sporeans own property, businesses, and factories in JB. Since Iskandar authority has commented that Malaysian VEP unlikely to affect foreign investments, the work ministry will most likely stick to the formal plan of rm50 VEP and rm16.50 Toll charges.

There are some investors of iskandar are less concerned about the toll and VEP since most of them only buy properties (residential,commercial or industrial) and rented them out and hardly commute to johor bahru.

In fact rite now there are a sizable minority group of sporean investors who buy JB residential property for their own stay. They are sporean who decided to rent out their hdb flat or condo in spore and stay in JB iskandar homes, travel to singapore for work, and then back to JB after work on a daily basis.

This group of sporean will suffer alot similiar to the msian who drive msia cars to spore to work as they need to pay for Toll and VEP charges on both sides.

With the implementation of the year end VEP rm50 charges, sporean who initially have intention to buy iskandar property to stay and commute daily to spore to work will make them to re-consider or think twice about their plan.

And for those sporean retiree who initially plan to invest in msia and apply for "Msia My Second Home" MM2H program may also change their mind as the frequent travelling across the causeway will add more financial burden to them.

But one thing for sure is that iskandar homes are in fact oversupply. Johor bahru is a city of merely about 1.4 million population and not all of them are johorian. Some are from other states who reside in jb for work. Thererfore not all of them wanted to buy property in JB.

You will notice that during a festive season like cny or hari raya, most people in jb return to their hometown or balik kampung. JB town will be like less lively and very little traffic on JB's road

With so many iskandar properties being built, where to get so many local people to stay ? In fact a large majority of msian are not able to afford the iskandar home as the minimum price is about 600k ringgit or above, to an average income msian who work in JB are unlikely to buy them.

Therefore the majority of the iskandar home owners must be sporean or foreigner and definitely NOT msian.

And if sporean or foreigner do not invest in JB properties, then there will be a substantial number of units unable to be sold resulting in low demand high supply situation and eventually the property price in JB will very likely to fall very badly in the near future and the investor suffer. (Not to forget about the exchange rate loss too as the ringgit is constantly depreciating)

Sporean property investors will also have to pay a higher interest rate from the bank loan since BLR rate in msia is higher than spore and have to pay high levy and stamp duty for the purchase of msia property.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:59 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 379 / Power: 15
Goatslooter is a living Saint! - you won't find betterGoatslooter is a living Saint! - you won't find betterGoatslooter is a living Saint! - you won't find betterGoatslooter is a living Saint! - you won't find better

well say bro, we shall see the impact in near future? but I'm 100% sure the chaotic traffic at causeway will improve significantly after the impose of VEP to be capped at Rm50, and the car driver will have to fork out Rm16.5+$6.5+Rm50 = approxi Rm 83 by end of the year.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:01 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 159 / Power: 15
eg5354 is a Helpful and Caring Samstereg5354 is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Heard that in the beginning when the EDL highway was just newly built in year 2012, JB side originally already have plan to charge toll fee at JB custom but was delayed till further notice.

However, the increase in the spore VEP may have influence the decision of msia side to increase the toll fee and subsequently to charge a VEP which was never been implemented before.

(it is like waking up the sleeping tiger)
Old 08-08-2014, 11:28 PM
Samster

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 384 / Power: 15
Antispyware is a living Saint! - you won't find betterAntispyware is a living Saint! - you won't find betterAntispyware is a living Saint! - you won't find betterAntispyware is a living Saint! - you won't find better

As a friend of mine told me that even with the increase in toll fees at both sides, its still worth to travel to M'sia because the petrol RON'97 still cheaper than S'pore. And after all the toll charges, he still can save some money to go Giant and buy milk powder for his children and 3 in 1 Ah Huat coffee sachet.
I really don't know how true is it....
Old 11-08-2014, 10:54 PM
Samster

localbest is one of the Best!localbest is one of the Best!localbest is one of the Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antispyware View Post
As a friend of mine told me that even with the increase in toll fees at both sides, its still worth to travel to M'sia because the petrol RON'97 still cheaper than S'pore. And after all the toll charges, he still can save some money to go Giant and buy milk powder for his children and 3 in 1 Ah Huat coffee sachet.
I really don't know how true is it....
Price of petrol in msia is the cheapest among all the Asean countries as msia have produce crude oil from underground. Spore being the most expensive import all the petrol it needs.

spore is about $2.20 per litre.
msia is about rm2.10=$0.80 per litre
Thailand is about 300baht=$1.20 per litre

That is the main reason for sporean to go JB for the filling up of petrol.

However when the msia VEP of rm50 starts in end of year, it will most likely deter some sporean travelling into JB if not all as rm33+VEPrm50=rm83

And if the msia VEP is charged on a daily basis of rm50 instead of per entry basis, then the number of spore cars coming to other places like KL, genting or penang for vacation or tour will be greatly reduced.
Old 11-08-2014, 11:22 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by localbest View Post
Price of petrol in msia is the cheapest among all the Asean countries as msia have produce crude oil from underground. Spore being the most expensive import all the petrol it needs.

That is the main reason for sporean to go JB for the filling up of petrol.

However when the msia VEP of rm50 starts in end of year, it will most likely deter some sporean travelling into JB if not all as rm33+VEPrm50=rm83

And if the msia VEP is charged on a daily basis of rm50 instead of per entry basis, then the number of spore cars coming to other places like KL, genting or penang for vacation or tour will be greatly reduced.
From a Malaysian perspective not all Malaysians are sad that potentially the number of S'poreans coming to Malaysia will be greatly reduced

The main reason why the cost of living ( food, rental, prices of properties, massages, etc, etc, .... ) in JB is the highest in Peninsular Malaysia is because of the massive invasion of S'porean spenders and the strength of the SIN $ ( SIN $ 100 = RM 257 )
Old 12-08-2014, 01:39 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatoeyLover69 View Post
[COLOR="DarkRed"]From a Malaysian perspective not all Malaysians are sad that potentially the number of S'poreans coming to Malaysia will be greatly reduced
There are basically three group of msian reacting to the increase in Toll and VEP.

The first group are the msian business people like shop owners, bus operator, hotel operators, etc who are upset about the Toll hike have affected their business very badly and they are the ones who complaint very strongly.

They are also partly responsible for the high cost of living in JB as some of them may have deliberately raise the market price of goods and services when more sporean came in to spend.

The second group are minority of msians who work in spore. They drive spore car but reside in JB, commute daily to spore to work and back to JB after work. They are also upset with the increase in Toll and VEP which increase their transport spending.

The third group will be the majority of the johorian who work in JB and not affected by the toll hike.

They are happy because they know in the long run after the toll increase on both side and VEP in msia side being implemented, the no. of sporean/foreigner coming to jb will be greatly reduced affecting the business in jb.

This will result in lowering down the cost of living in jb and property price will fall to an affordable level.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:31 PM
Samster

The operation and maintenance cost of the Eastern Dispersal Link (EDL) highway which includes overhead, repair works, landscaping, utilities and electricity bills, etc are quite substantial.

Therefore the msian govt increase the toll rate at the custom in order to maintain EDL so that Johor people can utilise the EDL highway for free.

Actually a lot of people got the misconception or wrong view that the toll is paid only for the causeway.

In fact the toll is also meant for the EDL and not merely for the Causeway. The EDL give the vehicle user at the custom the convenience of travelling to other parts of JB via direct route.

However some source said that ever since the toll hike, the number of vehicles passes the causeway on a daily basis have been reduced from 40k-50k to 20k-25k during weekends.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:09 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by localbest View Post
There are basically three group of msian reacting to the increase in Toll and VEP.

The third group will be the majority of the johorian who work in JB and not affected by the toll hike.

They are happy because they know in the long run after the toll increase on both side and VEP in msia side being implemented, the no. of sporean/foreigner coming to jb will be greatly reduced affecting the business in jb.

This will result in lowering down the cost of living in jb and property price will fall to an affordable level.
I belong to the 3rd group .... couldn't care a hoot even if NO Sillyporeans come to JB or Malaysia .... doesn't affect my life at all - in fact life will be better and less hectic in JB ..... Hurray !!!
Old 12-08-2014, 06:45 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 379 / Power: 15
Goatslooter is a living Saint! - you won't find betterGoatslooter is a living Saint! - you won't find betterGoatslooter is a living Saint! - you won't find betterGoatslooter is a living Saint! - you won't find better

we shall see what will happen after the impose of new toll fee ($6.5) by sillypore (I quote bro kate69) and the VEP by Johor side, Im very sure the Johor Bahru will be a quiet town with only Johoreans running around. We can afford not to come or drive over and we would not die of hunger? we can swim or fly over to Indonesia, Aust, HK, BKK.....
Old 12-08-2014, 07:48 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 26 / Power: 0
123easy deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

As a contigency plan... looking at local scene. Think its an attractive option... and should be exploring with my kakis this week. Discovered some good choices...
Old 12-08-2014, 08:50 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatoeyLover69 View Post
I belong to the 3rd group .... couldn't care a hoot even if NO Sillyporeans come to JB or Malaysia .... doesn't affect my life at all - in fact life will be better and less hectic in JB ..... Hurray !!!
Actually I have encountered personally of sillyporean spoiling the market on a few occasions. One occasion is when one sporean couple want to purchase some items in a shop and after was quoted the price, the sporean lady took out a calculator and convert to sing dollar. In front of so many customers she shouted: "Wah, so cheap ah", the people around her get pissed off by her remarks. This is the reason why the goods and services in JB has escalated so damn high over the years because of people like the sporean lady. By shouting loudly "so cheap" will encourage some greedy shop owner to raise their price. This was an example of sporean overpaying for the goods and services which can lead to spoilting the market price.

Some sporean also anyhow give tips to the masseuses in mp and working lady in health centre. I was rather surprise to hear that some NL in goldpoint and some other joints got very good tips from the sporean customers. This will eventually affect the service delivered to the customers. They will then treat the customers who gave more tips much better service than the rest who doesn't.

If you always give tips to a masseuse, she will expect you to give at least the same amount of tips or even more the next time she see you. And if you don't, she will most likely show a black face. Therefore overtipping will result in poor service and spoilt market price.

My friend who is a msian wanted to buy some food products in a shop. But when the shop owner found out that my friend is a msian, he became reluctant to sell the item to my friend as my friend was negotiating the price with him. He ignored my friend and said some sacastic remarks and attended to another sporean customer.

On the contrary the shop owner treat the sporean man with respect because firstly he don't bargain and secondly he one shot buy many products from the shop, maybe kiasu scare no more left in this world . This is another example of sporean overbuying which result in spoilting the market price.

In actual fact over the years sillyporean had gradually spoilt the price of food market, property market, cheong market, stock market, dry market, wet market, car service market, supermarket, hypermarket and whatever market you name it..

Therefore all cheongster should always refrain from overpaying, overtipping and overbuying...
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1