The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Coffee Shop Talk of a non sexual Nature

Notices

Coffee Shop Talk of a non sexual Nature Visit Sam's Alfresco Heaven. Singapore's best Alfresco Coffee Experience! If you're up to your ears with all this Sex Talk and would like to take a break from it all to discuss other interesting aspects of life in Singapore,  pop over and join in the fun.

User Tag List

Old 27-08-2013, 08:40 PM
Sam's RSS Feed Bot - I'm not Human. Don't talk to me.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 10000241 / Power: 3356
Sammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up My Paper article implies that well-to-do Sinkies are tolerant of foreigners!

An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Because of how I feel about the unusually lob-sided news in local is, I have not bought any newspapers for almost 4 years now. I only go to get the free papers because I still want to see some news of the world, ans also what some things happening in SG are reported.

Today (not the free paper.. but really referring to this day 27th August 2013), I read thru' My Paper and was very disturbed by an article that implied that a finding/survey/whatever they want to call it, has found that Sinkies earning below SGD 2k was not tolerant of foreigners and felt that the numbers of these people should be cut.. and so on. Not surprising, as many foreigners have taken away jobs from lower income earners.. but the tag of SGD 2k meant that these foreigners are moving up the pay scale.. no wonder mre and mre PMEs are getting kicked out into the "cold".

But the disturbing thing was that, the article implied that findings suggested Sinkies who earned SGD 3k or over, were more tolerant of foreigners. I was dumbfounded and speechless. There weren't any EXACT figures (usual) but the percentages seemed to show that well-to-do ppl who earned higher income didn't mind mre foreigners at all. Now.. it's not surprising.. but the fact that this was REPORTED.. sent bad vibes through my whole body.

I met my friends for tea/kopi this late afternoon, and all of them also read this article too.. after a hearty discussion.. some opinions were formed..

1) Is the article suggesting that if Sinkies earned SGD 3k or more, they will be kinder to foreigners and be willing to allow more of them into SG? But if that happens, and their jobs (rice bowls) are affected, will they still hold the same view? And.. was this ever asked in the survey/study/whatever...?

2) Is the article trying to tell Sinkies... that the RICH don't care.. and don't feel a thing about these increase of foreigners and therefore, to appease these RICH.. the rest should not make noise? Now.. think of who else besides PMETs also earned SGD 3k or more.. I will give a hint.. think of the ppl in the parliament.. the cabinet.. those who actually dish out the policies... is the article actually telling Sinkies that THESE people.. can tolerate foreigners or even more, just because their pay is more.. does that mean they don;t care about what us ordinary folk feel?!!!

3) One of my friend's words were, "Great! So to make all SG ppl accept more foreigners, all companies should pay Singaporeans at least SGD 3k! Then, all is happy what.. no?" He has my full agreement here.. raise all workers' salaries who are Singaproeans, to SGD 3k a month (those that are actually below SGD3k to begin with).. then the SG ppl will not call on the Govt to stop foreigner inflow.. the govt happy, the companies can hire as many FT(rash) as they want, and SG ppl are happy. Win! Win! Win!

Now.. I am seriously having so many thoughts in my mind.. "why put out this article?", "does the editor or press think ppl in SG don't have brains or don't know how to think?", "what is the editor, reporter... all the ppl at this newspaper thinking? do they know what they are actually reporting and what kind of ideas are they feeding to the ppl who read this article?"

Lastly, one friend said the best thing that all 4 of us at the kopi-tiam agreed might be the cause of such an article being put in print.

"Maybe the reporter is a FTrash, and the editor also a FTrash, and they, being the cheap labour that they are, don't know how to think ahead.. and just thought this will make the ordinary folk shut up so as not to drive the rich ppl away or make the rich annoyed!??"

I mean.. what else could be the reason for such a stupid article being put onto a free newspaper? Do they think nobody will take notice, or even ponder over the implications of such an article and the findings???

Good job, people at My Paper!! Definitely food for the brains!!!

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com.
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1