The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > The best of Thailand

Notices

The best of Thailand Serving your Thai Business & Holiday Needs. All Singaporeans in Thailand sign in to show your support and bring your Thai "friends" with you for stuff you can't discuss on Facebook! :)
ประเทศไทยต้อนรับคุณ!

User Tag List
1980, nirvana

Old 26-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 531 / Power: 20
GLHunter is a glorious beacon of lightGLHunter is a glorious beacon of lightGLHunter is a glorious beacon of lightGLHunter is a glorious beacon of lightGLHunter is a glorious beacon of lightGLHunter is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Bangkok Field Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozila View Post
Even if the areas are ok . Cancelled flights and flooded airports will be the next obstacle.
No problem with flights. Saw few took off to bkk and I am in the next flight to fly. Weather is nice and sunny(here) at terminal 1 and more than 110 swimmers in sight, all ready to board flight for the big swim.
Old 26-10-2011, 10:55 AM
Samster

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 776 / Power: 19
KatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to behold
Chao Phraya set to brim over

Report from The Nation dated 26 October 2011 :-

Chao Phraya set to brim over

The Chao Phraya River appears set to overflow in Bangkok this weekend as rising seawater levels add to the woes of the country's raging flood crisis.

To help current and potential flood victims in 21 affected provinces cope with the crisis, the Cabinet yesterday announced Thursday, Friday and next Monday as special holidays.

Bangkok is among these provinces.

"The Chao Phraya River's water level in Bangkok will likely rise to 2.6 metres [above normal sea level] over the coming weekend. It's going to be higher than the embankment," Bangkok Governor MR Sukhumbhand Paribatra said yesterday.

Sukhumband said the height of the permanent embankment along most parts of the Chao Phraya River stretch in Bangkok is now 2.5 metres. Some sandbags are being placed on top of the embankment to protect the capital from overflowing, but there is not enough time for the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) to construct the extra height needed along the 75.7km stretch.

"To cover the entire stretch, we will need up to 10 million sandbags," Sukhumbhand pointed out, "We will have to focus our efforts on the most vulnerable and key spots only."

The Bangkok governor urged people living near the mouth of canals connected to the Chao Phraya River such as Bangkok Noi, Bangkok Yai, and Padung Krungkasem to be on full alert.

Many areas of the capital have already been flooded, including the Vibhavadi Rangsit Road in Don Muang district where the Flood Relief Operations Centre (FROC) is located.

Sukhumbhand said the BMA, in collaboration with the Highways Department, would form floodwalls on top of Sai Mai, Hatairat, Hataimit, Nimitmai, Romklao and Kingkaew roads to protect inner parts of the capital.

These roads stretch a total of 39km and serve as an embankment against run-off water from the upper part of the country.

Sukhumbhand asked people to co-operate with officials in charge of floodwall construction. "Please have empathy for officials who have to work. Please be reasonable if you want to raise any objection," Sukhumbhand said.

Government Spokesman Thitima Chaisang said government officials from C-9 level up would be required to work during the upcoming holidays to keep services open.

"Officials in charge of water drainage, electricity, waterworks, and transport will have to stay on duty, too," she said.

The Cabinet resolution announcing special holidays came amid growing calls from several parties.

The holidays would not only give people time to prepare for the coming flood, but they would allow workers from the provinces to leave the capital ahead of the floods.

Private companies have not been ordered to declare the holidays but their executives have been urged to exercise discretion in deciding whether to give holidays to their staff.

The Education Ministry yesterday postponed the start of the new semester to November 15 in 12 flood-hit provinces.

They are Bangkok, Chai Nat, Nakhon Sawan, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Ayutthaya, Lop Buri, Sing Buri, Angthong, Utai Thani, Saraburi and Chachoengsao.
Old 26-10-2011, 11:34 AM
Samster

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1978 / Power: 20
yinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowhands View Post
start to make some "preserved" water ..you can still get now and bottle them up before tap water gets disrupted. Think of letting red wine breath before you drink it for the sulphur dioxide to evaporate.
These are real, practical and doable things that has been done before.
Good community service bit, sensible. Raised you some.

My business trip this week cancelled, with no water news no letting up. Perhaps not bad idea to get marooned there?
Old 26-10-2011, 11:37 AM
Samster (M)

My Reputation: Points: -1 / Power: 0
nozila is under Moderation till he learns how to behave
Re: Chao Phraya set to brim over

well i havent booked tickets yet but i will be in asia from nov 10. just see how the flooding goes then and i will decided. i can believe the roads are flooded up to waist high. i was there last year and wouldnt have imagine that this could happen. fingers cross things get better.

on a side note, surely the MP and discos are closed during this time of flooding?
Old 26-10-2011, 11:57 AM
Samster

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 991 / Power: 22
norice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Bangkok Field Report

nozila,

Don't worry, absolutely no flooding in Ratchada and Sukhumvit area. Only flooding will be in the condoms with your come!

BOYCOTT Arab owned bars in Soi Cowboy!
Old 26-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 39999 / Power: 32
Hurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
well i havent booked tickets yet but i will be in asia from nov 10. just see how the flooding goes then and i will decided. i can believe the roads are flooded up to waist high. i was there last year and wouldnt have imagine that this could happen. fingers cross things get better.
divert to hcm...dun need to swim or row there....dun wori no bottled water...if you go 3 - 7 Nov then I am there...

Up me if want trade.....will not return if you dun hv min 60 pts

Please Do Not reply long post, always edit...may zap and remove post

Old 26-10-2011, 12:13 PM
Samster (M)

My Reputation: Points: -1 / Power: 0
nozila is under Moderation till he learns how to behave

my flight from australia into asia is saigon to begin with anyways. so yes will see u there hurrican88. i just planned to go to bangkok for 1 week oh well. in saigon nov 10, u still around?
Old 26-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 39999 / Power: 32
Hurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
my flight from australia into asia is saigon to begin with anyways. so yes will see u there hurrican88. i just planned to go to bangkok for 1 week oh well. in saigon nov 10, u still around?
huhu...no longer around...only 3-7 Nov...

Up me if want trade.....will not return if you dun hv min 60 pts

Please Do Not reply long post, always edit...may zap and remove post

Old 26-10-2011, 12:26 PM
Samster

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 991 / Power: 22
norice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Bangkok Field Report

Hello,

Any brothers are coming from Malaysia? I need Ringgit, since I'm going to Malaysia, next month.

Thanks

BOYCOTT Arab owned bars in Soi Cowboy!
Old 26-10-2011, 12:50 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1021 / Power: 21
nirvana123 has much to be proud ofnirvana123 has much to be proud ofnirvana123 has much to be proud ofnirvana123 has much to be proud ofnirvana123 has much to be proud ofnirvana123 has much to be proud ofnirvana123 has much to be proud ofnirvana123 has much to be proud of

I am going to BKK on 18th Nov with an open return date but now dun know whether need to cancel or not. I guess from airport if take the airport train to the city area is ok, should not be affected by flood but if the popular areas are all flooded then jia lat!
Old 26-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Samster

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 776 / Power: 19
KatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to behold
Bangkok inundation spreading

Report from The Nation dated 26 October 2011 :-

Bangkok inundation spreading

The inundation at Don Mueang on Wednesday spreaded to Lak Si via Vibhavadi-Rangsit highway and to Saphan Mai via Paholyothin Road.

The water is expected to further move to Lat Phrao junction.

The overflow of Chao Phraya River happened in several areas along the embankment coinciding with high tide around 6.13 am.

Bangkok's Yaowarat Chinatown has been inundated since 3.00 am due to the overflow. The initial inundation was recorded at 80 centimeters before receding to 50 centimeters. Workers are trying to pump the water out of the area. The inundation disrupted morning's transactions at the popular wet market, Talad Noi.

In Bang Phlat, the severe inundation has persisted on Charan Sawitwong Road and workers are trying to fix the dyke.

Police have completely closed traffic on Arun Amarin Road due to flood.
Old 26-10-2011, 04:09 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 67 / Power: 19
Balthas deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

I'll be headed over end Feb. Hopefully all this flooding issue would be over by then
Old 26-10-2011, 04:27 PM
Samster

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 8983 / Power: 23
naemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthas View Post
I'll be headed over end Feb. Hopefully all this flooding issue would be over by then
If flood not over by end of Feb, Thailand will have to shift its capital.
Old 26-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 120 / Power: 15
maxxdesire deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guymaxxdesire deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthas View Post
FEB??? Now Oct only leh....lol
Old 26-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 423 / Power: 16
Bebertov is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBebertov is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBebertov is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBebertov is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBebertov is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianmagicoil View Post

Singha do have their water in either plastic (at 7s') or glass (usually at restaurants) bottles.
But how can mineral water be selling at 70b for a small bottle .. Only soda around that price ..
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1