The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > International Field Reports

Notices

International Field Reports Had a great time around the world? Tell us about it here!

User Tag List

Old 21-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 109 / Power: 14
manilaboy2007 deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guymanilaboy2007 deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy
Re: phillipines, manaila, makati

Quote:
Originally Posted by fijiperri View Post
Ah bro bolster poster...my eyes lit up when I saw you mention a comedy club there just to read further on that its closed down...yah would great if there are good comedy clubs or just plain gd clubbing places...the fl and bonking is just an icing on the cake for me...since almost everyone mention Havanas I don't mind getting a drink and checking out the place...

Yeah salary wise I was still new to interviewing them back then so was a little surprised at the low income level...some of them are from the village and working in Manila city after paying rent and monthly expenses they can still save means the cost of living is rather low...I think over here just pay rent the 500 gone already haha
If you like Comedy Club or Bar, head to Library at Malate. But that is provided you know a bit of tagalog. Bring your pinoy gf too...You be surprise how relax she is after a few laugh and SML. hehe
Old 21-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Samster (B)

My Reputation: Points: 138 / Power: 0
Mayoress deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuyMayoress deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaboy2007 View Post
If you like Comedy Club or Bar, head to Library at Malate. But that is provided you know a bit of tagalog. Bring your pinoy gf too...You be surprise how relax she is after a few laugh and SML. hehe
The LBs trio + 1 that use to perform here is now at the R&B club in AC.
Old 21-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Samster

manilaboy2007 deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guymanilaboy2007 deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayoress View Post
What the name of the club in AC? I have a pinoy girl in Manila who like to go to this High Society in AC. Is it a decent atas club like republiq or a pickup joint like insomia or skytrax?
Old 21-11-2012, 10:49 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by etsys View Post
Well, if you got an agenda, then go to Manila, it will be an eye opener, and will make you see the Pnoy PMETs in a new light ..

Like here, they show off nice fancy dresses and bags and iPhone 5 - but the moment they are wheels-down in Manila, all goes into safe keeping ... lest it be stolen (or grabbed - in Pinay speak .. )

You can check MBC - every 3rd Saturday, Freddie Aguilar performs there - or used to .. not sure about the scene now ..

Well, back to cost of living, an Indian can make it in 1,000 $ in Delhi, but a non-Indian needs 3,000 $ or more ..

More closer a friend in ADB was asked to base in Manila, and he targetted the average cost of living at 50,000 peso excluding apartment - he was shocked his costs overran to 150,000 peso plus

After all, locals shop in local shops, eat in cheaper places, and know the deals and .. get charged local rates.

Expats - for a start, even if you try to go local, you can never get local .. unless you are married or living with a local .. and for food, even if you take the cheapest food, you are still eating at twice the price or more of natives. Forget taxis - any expat gets charged twice or more .. if you live there, you give up bargaining and pay like 400 peso when a native grabs an FX and does it for 10 peso.

Well, that's a simple lesson in Economics.

PS: some people from Village working in Manila ? there are people living in the cemetries of Manila too .. no kidding .. Manila is one of the most congested cities of the world .. have the richest in Asia and the mega poor - including those who live in Smokey Mountain

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smokey_Mountain "Smokey Mountain has a large squatter community, and it is estimated that 30,000 people live near the site, and make their living from picking through the rubbish at Smokey Mountain"

And also see .. http://www.vice.com/read/living-dead-v14n11

All the while when the cream of the society hosts inaugaral balls, super expensive monthly dinner gatherings, and drive around in Escalades and Expeditions with body guards and more .. and have so much spare money, they don't know what to do with the money ..

Read about LKY on Filipinos ..

http://opinion.inquirer.net/12827/le...on-philippines
The last trip I went Manila, it seem all the high end crowds are or around Bonifacio High Street area now. Seem the economy is roaring and too much money to spend. The property agents must be making good money looking at the condo they are selling now in metro manila man.
Old 22-11-2012, 09:08 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 5561 / Power: 22
etsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayoress View Post
Well, there used to be an LB group that performed at Music Box, Quezon City .. bit allergic for me, as normal pinoy style, when they see foreigner they pick on for the foreigner, but .. the jokes being in Taglish, can get on your nerves a lot ..

Well, fortunately, one of the performers knows me ( ) in a professional way, so he/she keeps it to English as much as possible ..

manilaboy2007: High society is AC ? it gets as clean as it can be .. in AC standard (or rather, Fields Standard .. ) but, decent enough like Republiq ? I would say you are far off .. very very far off ..

On the other hand, there are decent discos in AC, and they are pretty far away from AC !!!

And about property, well, last few months, some friends who got their apartment released were regretting their decision to park money in Manila .. even those built by Reputed developer has floors lifting up, shoddy doors, and bad plumbing ..

I guess you need to budget, Singapore style, a renovation cost to move into those units

And visiting another 'reputed' developer's Landed house, I was a bit more than amazed, when a little bang on the wall felt like I was hitting on chip-board wall .. pretty hollow it was .. and I surmise that's how they can deliver 'cheap housing .. ' starting from as low as 3000 peso a month for repayment ..
Old 22-11-2012, 10:01 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 47 / Power: 0
bolsterposter deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
More closer a friend in ADB was asked to base in Manila, and he targetted the average cost of living at 50,000 peso excluding apartment - he was shocked his costs overran to 150,000 peso plus
That's quite high I must say, he must be living the good expat life, maybe with a different pinoy gf for each day of the week lol..

But I suppose if you break it down to per day , it's about 5k daily which works out to:

taxi fare - 500 php ("poreigner" price)
lunch - 1000 php (because she brought her family...)
movie - 1000 php (brought her family again since they have never seen IMAX before)
birthday gift for her "cousin" - 1000 php
dinner - 1500 php (beer all around, hey after all, we LOVE San Mig light!)

look on your face when you find out cousin is actually her husband - priceless

Honestly though if you like dining at the restos in Manila, you can easily spend about 1k+ per meal, for a high quality meal. Pretty decent by sg standards though ex if you compare local joints.

Loads of great restos. BTW, I AM Angus has a good prime rib set for 999 php ++ which includes a glass of wine. Only on wed and sats though and if you're going for it, i would recommend that you make a reservation because they sell out quite fast.
Old 22-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 5561 / Power: 22
etsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolsterposter View Post

look on your face when you find out cousin is actually her husband - priceless

Well Said .. not many punters even know the score.

BTW, continuing on what I wrote about Street kids in AC, an update, applies to Manila too .. From a guy why was surrounded by kids in Cebu ..

"That pic is taken at the skywalk fuente circle. Be careful of those kids. They operate around the fuente mango area and swarm foreigners who have both eyes glued on the filipinas instead of being aware of there surroundings. Sometimes the kids get into trouble with a security guard and the guard calls the PNP. They round up the kids and turn them over to the DSSC cebu section. The kids are (mostly) from Mindanao and have an older handler (aunt or uncle). When the family of the children can't be located DSSC releases the kids back to the street with threats that if they are caught again they will be fed to the crocodiles. It doesn't work, the kids are back on fuente the same day.

Local kids from very poor areas around CC have started to sing Christmas songs (caroling) to jeep passengers stopped at major intersections. They fill an empty water bottle with small rocks to make noise. Many locals are complaining about the kids but it's low priority stuff."
Old 22-11-2012, 11:27 AM
Samster

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 420 / Power: 13
fijiperri is a living Saint! - you won't find betterfijiperri is a living Saint! - you won't find betterfijiperri is a living Saint! - you won't find betterfijiperri is a living Saint! - you won't find betterfijiperri is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Great to see so many tips here on fun time there...my itinerary really starting to change quite abit! Lol...

Bro etsys that was quite an interesting read on lky take on pinoyland...really have to say they are a very different culture and handle their emotions very differently as well as how their concept of celebrities are slightly different...

Really a very emotional and passionate bunch...just yest sg was tagged as the most emotionless country by Bloomberg and in the report unsurprisingly Philippines was tagged as most emotional above El Salvador and Bahrain...

As for the hassling yah I heard abt that too...and that's why I wanna stay around Manila and with the upmarket crowd and cut out the hassling to enjoy my holiday as much as possible...and obviously they know how to spot foreigners...my fren who looks like a pinoy, was born there, knows taglog but moved to sg from young was targeted too!

Thanks to the other bros who suggest the clean clubs and entertainment place too...I have nothing to offer anyone but i will fr good places I drop by...

Last edited by fijiperri; 07-01-2013 at 11:15 PM.
Old 22-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Samster

Quote:

manilaboy2007: High society is AC ? it gets as clean as it can be .. in AC standard (or rather, Fields Standard .. ) but, decent enough like Republiq ? I would say you are far off .. very very far off ..

On the other hand, there are decent discos in AC, and they are pretty far away from AC !!!

And about property, well, last few months, some friends who got their apartment released were regretting their decision to park money in Manila .. even those built by Reputed developer has floors lifting up, shoddy doors, and bad plumbing ..

I guess you need to budget, Singapore style, a renovation cost to move into those units

And visiting another 'reputed' developer's Landed house, I was a bit more than amazed, when a little bang on the wall felt like I was hitting on chip-board wall .. pretty hollow it was .. and I surmise that's how they can deliver 'cheap housing .. ' starting from as low as 3000 peso a month for repayment ..
So do you recommend to fish at High Society or just go there to really party?
As for the property, I won't be buying any till I paid off my current one. It be a retirement home for me..and yes when i do a visit, the partition is concrete with the other unit but within the unit, the wall are gysum board. I am pretty surprise coz in HDB, the wall in the same unit are all concrete man.

The quality of the condo I will say is not as good as Singapore but for the price and compare to where most filipino stay it is pretty good. I brought my gf for a walk around my future home, I am not impressed but she is like wow here wow there.. so you can tell SG standard is way above a typical filipino expectation. End of the day I buy the unit coz of the prime, safe, quiet and flood free location only
Old 24-11-2012, 05:47 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1111 / Power: 13
AtlasShrugged has much to be proud ofAtlasShrugged has much to be proud ofAtlasShrugged has much to be proud ofAtlasShrugged has much to be proud ofAtlasShrugged has much to be proud ofAtlasShrugged has much to be proud ofAtlasShrugged has much to be proud ofAtlasShrugged has much to be proud ofAtlasShrugged has much to be proud of

Her no. 09424788484

Scarlet msg me with her latest photo. She told me she is only able to service from Pasay tO Makati area.
She told me many from SG visited her.
But....HOW COME NO FR???
Old 25-11-2012, 10:43 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasShrugged View Post

Her no. 09424788484

Scarlet msg me with her latest photo. She told me she is only able to service from Pasay tO Makati area.
She told me many from SG visited her.
But....HOW COME NO FR???
Nice figure!!
Old 25-11-2012, 11:23 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1002 / Power: 16
Barracuda has much to be proud ofBarracuda has much to be proud ofBarracuda has much to be proud ofBarracuda has much to be proud ofBarracuda has much to be proud ofBarracuda has much to be proud ofBarracuda has much to be proud ofBarracuda has much to be proud of

Hi all,

I will be in Manila Makati, from the 26th Nov to the 5th Dec.

Anyone wanna go chiong? Although i have been to manila 4 times, i still have yet to go out alone and find fun.
Old 26-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Samster

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 56 / Power: 13
RodRideOut deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

there's no shortage of fun. last trip i went to Jools in p. burgos with some friends. good show, good times and fun people.
Old 27-11-2012, 01:35 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1 / Power: 0
macca is Cool - loads of Potential

I will be in Manila from 28 to 30 Nov. any recommendations to have fun and a drink? of coz have to be safe!
Old 28-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 47 / Power: 0
bolsterposter deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by macca View Post
I will be in Manila from 28 to 30 Nov. any recommendations to have fun and a drink? of coz have to be safe!
One word: MBC

(ok maybe it's 3 words ..)
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1